You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bill Maher supported Trump meeting with NK.

If it stops us from blowing up the world I'm all for it. But I think they're both idiots and it also frightens me.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- … SKCN1GO2S1

Interested to see what they say, and what the Democrats ultimately release.  The burden is on them to provide actual evidence, rather than speculate to make any kind of connection to collusion.  It'll force the Democrats to release something concrete for the first time in this entire circus, and push the collusion nuts further to the fringe. 

I'm personally waiting for Maxine Waters to come forward and prove her incredibly low IQ.  That anyone took offense to that suggestion after watching her the past 12 months is hysterical.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

“Given the cost of the tax overhaul, a recent spending deal passed by Congress and other legislation, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates that the country next year will start booking trillion dollar deficits permanently absent policy changes.

“It was less than a year ago the CBO was projecting deficits wouldn't cross the $1 trillion threshold until 2022.”

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

How can a democrat run on raising taxes, though? I do think there's room if you run on restricting automation and (smart) entitlement reform and balancing the budget.

If it were me I'd have to start touting junk food taxes, legalized marijuana tax, and a carbon tax. Bad news, inflation will rise also. It's another reason you can't touch those tax cuts.

Universal healthcare and free college is a non starter. Democrats will lose on those because there's no way to run on it without saying you're going to raise taxes, and not just on the rich. Public option, yes, I think that could work along with price negotiations for big pharma and medical.

If they think they can win on Russia or guns pack it in. Especially if there continues to be economic growth.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump calling Chuck Todd a son of a bitch made me laugh out loud. Haha

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … 3750f336a3

Christ, this is not good.  I don’t like the optics of putting retired military officers in every major cabinet position.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … 3750f336a3

Christ, this is not good.  I don’t like the optics of putting retired military officers in every major cabinet position.

Also right before this supposed meeting with North Korea.

But we all knew Tillerson and Trump were not long for each other. The timing though is pretty brutal.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Not digging the timing of it. I feel I've been on record of saying I was not at all a fan of Tillerson/ex-Exxon CEO being our Sec of State, however 14 months later he's done a good job & been one of the better cabinet & appointees overall (over Priebus, Bannon, Kush).

Gotta wonder if behind the scenes Tillerson disagreed with Trumps meeting with NK, or if he felt Trump was woefully unprepared for it, just a knucklehead out there. Look at his gun statements, then 2 weeks later 180s. The guys not an intellectual whatsoever.

I think NKs gonna be a train wreck of a photo op, where nothing, no progress gets achieved. We'll see. Anyway whatever, one thing is certain, the amount of turnover in this WH is astonishing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Rex did seem pretty level headed. I liked Rex. Mike Pompeo (sp) seems like a sharp guy.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Not digging the timing of it. I feel I've been on record of saying I was not at all a fan of Tillerson/ex-Exxon CEO being our Sec of State, however 14 months later he's done a good job & been one of the better cabinet & appointees overall (over Priebus, Bannon, Kush).

Gotta wonder if behind the scenes Tillerson disagreed with Trumps meeting with NK, or if he felt Trump was woefully unprepared for it, just a knucklehead out there. Look at his gun statements, then 2 weeks later 180s. The guys not an intellectual whatsoever.

I think NKs gonna be a train wreck of a photo op, where nothing, no progress gets achieved. We'll see. Anyway whatever, one thing is certain, the amount of turnover in this WH is astonishing.

Well, for the conspiracy theorists: Rex did just come out hard against Russia yesterday about the spy poisoning in Britain.

He also had a pretty bleak take on the relationship with Russia and talked openly of them being more aggressive. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/tillers … ussia.html

Board footer