You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The later is exactly why this matters. Trump won this heavily gerrymandered district by 20. Now, just over a year later, it appears the Dem takes a solid red district for 500 votes.

This matters. Even with gerrymandering, they still couldn't win this district.

This is a big deal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No matter who wins, they only serve until November. Still, to have a Democrat leading with only absentee ballots to go is an incredible turnaround from election night 2016, when Trump walked all over Hillary in this district.

Union guys voted for Trump, the Republican is a right to work candidate. Also, Lamb isn't liberal. That matters.

Still should have been a shoe in for the Republican.

Not really, he was a bad candidate and there are more registered democrats. Not to mention it's a union vote. The guy literally ran like a Republican and made Perez stay out of the race. It's like Alabama, the democrat is a Conservative. Dems are winning but liberals aren't.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No matter who wins, they only serve until November. Still, to have a Democrat leading with only absentee ballots to go is an incredible turnaround from election night 2016, when Trump walked all over Hillary in this district.

Union guys voted for Trump, the Republican is a right to work candidate. Also, Lamb isn't liberal. That matters.

I've never hard Trump say that he was pro-union....the tariffs make him that way indirectly I suppose...but Trump, personally, hasn't treated labor very well.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Not really, he was a bad candidate and there are more registered democrats. Not to mention it's a union vote. The guy literally ran like a Republican and made Perez stay out of the race. It's like Alabama, the democrat is a Conservative. Dems are winning but liberals aren't.

Well first, he's a lawyer...and lawyer's are notoriously liberal.
His stances on healthcare and Medicare/Social Security don't seem conservative either.
He also wants to do something about student loan debt.

These are not conservative ideas.

https://conorlamb.com/priorities/

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He has a "D" next to his name. To the #MAGA voters, that's all that matters. If the "D" didn't doom him, that says something.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

He has a "D" next to his name. To the #MAGA voters, that's all that matters. If the "D" didn't doom him, that says something.

I thought I knew what MAGA meant....but maybe I don't...can you clarify?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Ok that's what I thought...the hashtag crap confuses me sometimes.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

You have to yell it when you say it too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Well first, he's a lawyer...and lawyer's are notoriously liberal.
His stances on healthcare and Medicare/Social Security don't seem conservative either.
He also wants to do something about student loan debt.

These are not conservative ideas.

https://conorlamb.com/priorities/

Then you're not looking hard enough. He's not liberal.

Board footer