You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Watching Anderson Cooper I think Roger Stone has totally played Democrats and the media. It's pretty telling Mueller hasn't paid him much attention. At the end of the day I don't think any collusion will be found with Trump. I think the big thing will be obstruction with his son's letter. Comey deserved to be fired and that will end up being pretty flimsy, even with the loyalty thing. I think Don Jr 's stupidity is his biggest threat.

BTW, another mass knife attack in England. There have been more murders in London than New York. How bout 'dem gun bans!

Next time somebody goes to an open concert and knifes 600 people, killing 60 or so, get back to me.

misterID wrote:

Watching Anderson Cooper I think Roger Stone has totally played Democrats and the media.

I think Roger Stone is very possibly in deep shit right now.

I doubt it. Looks like he played the media. The "secret communications" with Wikileaks was basically Wikileaks telling him to stop bothering them.

And they use vans, not guns for mass killings like that. 80 were killed in France.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'd be totally fine with Trump firing Sessions, btw.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don’t care about Sessions either way but all Trump wants are yes men....you must be ok with this precedent he’s set of firing people who don’t do his bidding.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jeff Sessions is terrible. Far more dangerous than Trump.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don’t care about Sessions either way but all Trump wants are yes men....you must be ok with this precedent he’s set of firing people who don’t do his bidding.

No, I think Sessions is a horrible AG. Not everything is an invite for blowharding, mitch.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I doubt it. Looks like he played the media. The "secret communications" with Wikileaks was basically Wikileaks telling him to stop bothering them.

That many be part of it, which only proves him to be a liar at best. But Stone announced all sorts of things ahead of time in regards to leaks. He also claimed to have lunch with Assange. Perhaps it's all puffing, but the result of that is Mueller is investigating his claims now. He's another man who lies quite often, which would not bode well for him under questioning. I still believe he'll end up under the bus somehow.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, I think Sessions is a horrible AG. Not everything is an invite for blowharding, mitch.

If he's horrible then why did Trump select him in the first place? And if he should choose to replace him now, then what purpose would it serve? Is it likely that he should use that as an excuse to find an AG that will do his bidding? I think it is likely...and that's not the purpose of the AG, is it?

Trump is looking for an excuse to fire Sessions so that he can pick someone who will assist him against Mueller's investigation...and god knows what else.

Forgive me for already seeing that without having to think about it that hard. That...to me...is quite concerning.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Because Trump is a petty, immature, impulsive dumbass? Sessions wasn't even his worse cabinet choice. I don't see what exactly you're trying to argue with me about.

And who cares if he fires Mueller. Go ahead and do it and let the chips fall where they may. I personally don't think he will be indicted. That would have to go before the supreme court to see if you can even indict a president, which he will no doubt win, and I strongly doubt he'll be impeached. Republicans have shown the majority will circle the wagons, even if Dems pick up more seats. The most that will come of it is an obstruction case, but still, if it's all based on a letter to protect his idiot son, that's not going to do it. They may get him on campaign finance laws, we'll see.

misterID

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

That many be part of it, which only proves him to be a liar at best. But Stone announced all sorts of things ahead of time in regards to leaks. He also claimed to have lunch with Assange. Perhaps it's all puffing, but the result of that is Mueller is investigating his claims now. He's another man who lies quite often, which would not bode well for him under questioning. I still believe he'll end up under the bus somehow.

That's why Anderson Cooper's report was so telling. He really didn't predict anything. He was repeating information people already knew and was taken out of context. He's a slippery dick who wants to look like he knows more than he does. I'd be more interested in what Cohen knows than Stone.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-sources-h … 49912.html

We've all been hearing about this for awhile. It looks like it's really happening.

It's really curious with all this #winning going on isn't it? I mean...the Republicans own every branch of government and if they've been doing such a good job, the leadership would stay in place wouldn't it?

Board footer