You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

I'm a bit confused by this. The emails apparently aren't Clintons, weren't part of the DNC hack, weren't part of WikiLeaks ... so why part of the same investigation and where did they come from?

Because the Podesta emails are showing that there were behavior and activity going on Clinton and her aides previously denied.  Like Obama emailing Clinton under a pseudonym.   "The first I hear of her private email use was from the press"  Now we know that's horseshit.  Lynch meeting in a hanger with Bill.  More evidence of pay to play.  Their discussions of how to get around this. 

If you really think the Clinton's aren't dirtier than Nixon at this point, you're just not listening. 

We now know Hillary used her server to house Top Secret information.  She denied that from the start.  Lie #1
We now know Hillary via her assistants worked to wipe the server.  "You mean wipe it with a rag?"  Lie #2

The problem is the FBI already gave immunity to all of her aides, so they'd have a hard time using anything they have previously said against her.

I have no doubt Obama and Lynch agreed to sweep this under the rug.  But there is too much information out there to pretend this was all one big misunderstanding.  I think Comey is trying to be a standup guy and realizes he was the only one not exerting pressure to get the result he wanted.  He let his agents handle it and just chalked up the conspiracy talk to partisanship.  With the Podesta leaks and other emails, he has to see what really transpired.

With Clinton dropping in Polls, this could be enough to turn it around.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is fucking nuts. This is HUGE for trump.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Never take it off.

Doing a favor for Trump is a dubious motivator though. There's no telling if he'd just go after them anyways like he said he will. Better to stick with the plan and gamble with Hillary. Unless Trump was winning really big. Limiting the damage perhaps.

And of course I really want to believe that the lower ranks have had a fit of conscience and forced this, but that just sounds so fairy taleish.

The last option is the worst. The government wants Trump in the chair.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

HOLY FUCK. Device is that of Anthony Weiner's!!!  Umma Ahmadied (sp).

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

They were investigating Weiner and his texting of an underage girl and found the classified emails on his fucking phone. Holy shit.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And yes, I wish I could re-vote.  Trump is an anti-intellectual, but Clinton is a 21st century Stalin.

You've got to be kidding me! This turns you around? You've learned nothing new about Hillary.

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And yes, I wish I could re-vote.  Trump is an anti-intellectual, but Clinton is a 21st century Stalin.

Yes, because she's responsible for the deaths of 50million people.
Sorry, but there aren't that many Palestinians in the world.
The Nixon comparison is more apt. & he was a true patriot & a pretty great president actually! So I say give her a chance. Even if she should technically probably be in jail, she's still a better candidate than the other guy..

The thing is, this is exactly what the democrats feared during the nomination process and it has come to pass.. they can't say they weren't warned..

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

If anyone thinks there's going to be a smoking gun where we have proof Clinton ordered any of these actions, it ain't gonna happen.  She's surrounded herself with people willing to skirt the law and go outlaw.  Even if this blows up and she loses, Obama will pardon her before he leaves office.  Best case scenario Hillary loses and Obama makes the charges go away.  Worst case, she wins, the FBI brings up charges, and a civil war breaks out.  Glad I got a new case of M16 ammo just in case the crazies take to the streets.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Turns out Trump's internal polling is roughly the same as Nate Silver's. Surprised they would admit that.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

And of course I really want to believe that the lower ranks have had a fit of conscience and forced this, but that just sounds so fairy taleish.

The last option is the worst. The government wants Trump in the chair.

Fuck. You're even more screwy than I gave you credit for. & I thought it was exhausting being me. I got nothing on your brain.
Sometimes I get genuinely worried about your mental health. Not here precisely, but other occasions. You're nuts.

Board footer