You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don’t think anyone has ever been president from South Carolina.

Seems like a lifer in politics.

They said a black man would never be president. I don't think someone being from South Carolina means shit.

Can't argue with her teeth.

I'm just saying there are states in this country that produce politicians that don't project well nationally. South Carolina might be one of those.

If Haley were Trump's VP i would have more patience with Mueller's investigation. And I'd be perfectly fine with his removal from office. Pence is a true right wing evangelical conservative and is competent. Two things Trump is not.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Haley were Trump's VP i would have more patience with Mueller's investigation. And I'd be perfectly fine with his removal from office. Pence is a true right wing evangelical conservative and is competent. Two things Trump is not.

Confused on this a bit. I know you sorta ride middle of the road, are you saying you would be ok with Pence assuming the Presidency, or would not?

And if that's the case, why would you be fine with Trump being removed from office if Haley was VP (as opposed to Pence).

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Confused on this a bit. I know you sorta ride middle of the road, are you saying you would be ok with Pence assuming the Presidency, or would not?

And if that's the case, why would you be fine with Trump being removed from office if Haley was VP (as opposed to Pence).

No, I'm against Pence. He's competent in a way to be completely destructive in getting things done where Trump is a bumbling mess. For one, Paul Ryan would be free to attack the social safety net, something Trump would never ever do.

And he's far more hawkish than Trump. I suspicion he took the gig just because he knew the chances were high Trump wouldn't be in office long.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, I'm against Pence. He's competent in a way to be completely destructive in getting things done where Trump is a bumbling mess. For one, Paul Ryan would be free to attack the social safety net, something Trump would never ever do.

And he's far more hawkish than Trump. I suspicion he took the gig just because he knew the chances were high Trump wouldn't be in office long.

It was a curious pick...after all it wasn't like Indiana was in danger of not going red. And Pence was pretty unpopular there if I recall.

I think I remember reading that Trump wanted to take his pick back after Pence accepted.

misterID

misterID wrote:

He wanted Kasich and they made a big push to get him.  To the point they offered him to be defacto President and be in charge of policy while Trump did rallies, but he said no. He should have said yes. I've read he openly mocks Pence to his face, including basically calling him a homophobe.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pence won’t ever speak bad of trump. kasich would stab trump in the back. Pence is loyal even if an ultra conservative goon.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Joe Biden is giving a terrible eulogy.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I find it weird that one would critique a eulogy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Do you want to limit that kind of free speech too?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Do you want to limit that kind of free speech to?

Nope...he’s allowed to say it. Just weird all the same.

Board footer