You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

All in on Trade War.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- … SKCN1LX2M3

So much for "25% off Black Friday Deals"

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The only way to fully pressure China is to make a trans Pacific deal in Asia. Make a bigger deal with India. Make a bigger deal with South America.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

So much winning in that trade war eh?

Yea, most analyst realize China can’t win, Canada can’t holdup NAFTA, and the EU can’t afford not to play ball.  It’s the same reason that keeps you from walking into Jordan’s house and trying to take one of his trophies - you’ll get fucked up.

I don’t get that analogy at all.

There is no evidence of winning yet.

Tariffs are not going to force me to buy American garbage products.

Uh, chances are, if you're buying Chinese goods you're buying garbage.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, most analyst realize China can’t win, Canada can’t holdup NAFTA, and the EU can’t afford not to play ball.  It’s the same reason that keeps you from walking into Jordan’s house and trying to take one of his trophies - you’ll get fucked up.

At least it’s cheap though...American garbage is expensive garbage.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

The more i see Avennetti, the more i see Trumps ying to his yang.

These are two peas from the same pod.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Not necessarily. Chinese made goods vary from very high quality to the very low and everything in between.

I work in the medical sector and some of the very best instruments on the market in our sector are chinese made. Equally some of the very worst are also chinese made.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I got a feeling there won't be any testimony and Ford will do a 60 minutes interview instead.

misterID

misterID wrote:

So Ford's one corroborating witness says the party never happened, or can't remember if and she had no idea who Kavanaugh was. If this story falls apart I hope everyone who ran with it, Cobert to The Post, go down with it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Who is that tho, Mark Judge or whoever. He was like Kavanaughs best friend. Not saying it means it happened and he should be voted No, but i dont think the friend means much. Plus hes not under oath, just a carefully worded update.

Did you hear the GOP hired 'outside counsel' to do their questioning. Oh, the lawyer who is questioning counsel happens to be female. Optics much?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I think the ruthless way the republicans stole the first Supreme Court seat in 2017 that they deserve every ruthless tactic in return to match that type of effort.

Trivia question: how many judges sitting on the bench were put there by someone who lost the popular vote?

Board footer