You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: South American tour has begun

apex-twin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkslQjiSvKc

Strong screams. Short, but strong.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Looks like Trump/Axl feud is brewing. Hope Trump will respond which will reignite a fire under Axl`s ass and will motivate him to do something musically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYGTB37oeq4

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Looks like Trump/Axl feud is brewing. Hope Trump will respond which will reignite a fire under Axl`s ass and will motivate him to do something musically.

[/embed]

So fucking lame of Axl. Pretty embarrassing. Most embarrassing thing he has done on 20 years.

FYI that show was in North America not South America. Haha

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was Slash completely off stage during that? I hope so. What a clown show. Fuck that

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So fucking lame of Axl. Pretty embarrassing. Most embarrassing thing he has done on 20 years.

Oh, come on. Calling Slash a cancer and withholding an album due to insecurity for over decade surely rank higher than that.

And, to be fair, the Mexicans had to tolerate all that talk about a wall, which they would (in someone's mind) pay for. That's hardly a nice thing to say and to repeat over and over again.

Axl took an issue with those sentiments and is using his stature as a public person to express his discontent. Would you prefer him to be apolitical and care only for his paycheck?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Oh, come on. Calling Slash a cancer and withholding an album due to insecurity for over decade surely rank higher than that.

And, to be fair, the Mexicans had to tolerate all that talk about a wall, which they would (in someone's mind) pay for. That's hardly a nice thing to say and to repeat over and over again.

Axl took an issue with those sentiments and is using his stature as a public person to express his discontent. Would you prefer him to be apolitical and care only for his paycheck?

Yes....

The white working class is the majority of GNR and got Trump elected. Most American GNR fans ARE Trump voters. This breeds more hate. More division.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Had someone done this about Obama, who I didn't vote for, I would say the same fucking thing. You just don't go there. What message is he sending here? To assinate Donald Trump? What constructive comes from this? Nothing but more hate and divisiveness. Just shut up and sing.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

[/embed]

FYI that show was in North America not South America. Haha

I know but there`s no North American Tour thread so, I pinned it to the already existed one.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Had someone done this about Obama, who I didn't vote for, I would say the same fucking thing. You just don't go there.

Well, the thing is, the president-elect brought it onto himself by advocating intolerance and, in this case specifically, attacking the Mexican people with those talks of a wall. That's bigotry.

I hear what you say about Obama - dedicating One in a Million to him or whatever would've been dire. It would've been conceived as an attack on an ethnic group - you just don't go there. However, the president-elect did go there, numerous times.

Axl's just one of the Americans who's exercising his freedom of speech against that message.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What message is he sending here? To assinate Donald Trump?

Maybe the 2nd amendment people could do something about it, eh? You reap what you sow.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What constructive comes from this? Nothing but more hate and divisiveness. Just shut up and sing.

Are you suggesting the president-elect is beyond criticism over what he's been saying throughout the election, now that he's about to enter the office? He's gone on the record to say downright horrible things about women, ethnic groups and whomever, and has pretty much insulted every other demographic than the unemployed caucasian males. Yes, he had female voters and people from other groups, but my point remains - he stirred up a whole lot of crap in order to win the race.

People remember those talks and have full right to say, 'We disagree, and you should check your tolerance while entering the Oval Office'.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Had someone done this about Obama, who I didn't vote for, I would say the same fucking thing. You just don't go there.

Well, the thing is, the president-elect brought it onto himself by advocating intolerance and, in this case specifically, attacking the Mexican people with those talks of a wall. That's bigotry.

I hear what you say about Obama - dedicating One in a Million to him or whatever would've been dire. It would've been conceived as an attack on an ethnic group - you just don't go there. However, the president-elect did go there, numerous times.

Axl's just one of the Americans who's exercising his freedom of speech against that message.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What message is he sending here? To assinate Donald Trump?

Maybe the 2nd amendment people could do something about it, eh? You reap what you sow.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What constructive comes from this? Nothing but more hate and divisiveness. Just shut up and sing.

Are you suggesting the president-elect is beyond criticism over what he's been saying throughout the election, now that he's about to enter the office? He's gone on the record to say downright horrible things about women, ethnic groups and whomever, and has pretty much insulted every other demographic than the unemployed caucasian males. Yes, he had female voters and people from other groups, but my point remains - he stirred up a whole lot of crap in order to win the race.

People remember those talks and have full right to say, 'We disagree, and you should check your tolerance while entering the Oval Office'.

Those are the MSNBC talking points for sure. Trump said some stupid stuff.  But tell me one racist thing he said. And on the Mexican speech that was poor but he said we get some rapists and murders from Mexico and some are good people. It was foolish, and partially true. But he didn't say all Mexicans were bad. But said some bad ones come to the US.

Board footer