You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: From Vegas to Porto Alegre

otto wrote:

I attended the Guns N' Roses concert last night in Porto Alegre,my hometown.

Exactly 7 months prior to that, I saw them in Vegas, on April 8th.

Just a few things that crossed my mind during and after the concert:

The Good
- Band is tighter than before but that was to be expected. After the US tour, they've grown a lot as a band
- Slash is KILLING on the Chinese Democracy material and, as was the case in Vegas, my impression is that he really digs playing it and rocking out to them
- Chemistry between Duff and Axl has improved a lot since Vegas and the videos I saw from the beginning of the US tour
- Tempo of most songs is adjusted and most of them feel as they are supposed to

The Bad
- Tempo of a couple of songs feel too slow, making them sound lifeless (brownstone, especially)
- Guns became a boring band. Setlist is the same as it was 7 months ago. No additions, no variation, no new jams or even a different encore
- In Vegas I thought the reunion was for real, meaning artistic and musical output from this lineup. As I saw them last night just repeating the same shows they've done, almost like a 9 to 5 work, I kinda lost my appetite.

Others
- Fernando really thinks he's famous or part of the band. It was cringeworthy seeing him cheer to the crowd and nobody reacting.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I always found the waving to roadies and managers to be distasteful.

I'm sure they've gotten backstage 300x more than me so brown nosing has it's merits if you are cool with the hit to integrity.

I'm not too surprised by no new music. Psychic barrier to the Izzy stuff, no incentive in playing new stuff. Well no financial incentive anyway.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I wouldn't be too concerned about them touring the same setlist at the moment. The selling point at the moment is the regrouping – they want to take it to all four corners of the globe and prove that they can produce the sort of slick touring package that promoters know will bring in the $$$. Particularly given the band's past history. Yes, it's a 9 to 5 show at the moment, but there's plenty of time down the line for interesting variants, club shows and whatnot. I wouldn't expect any developments like new material or refreshed setlists until at least after they've toured Europe next year.

Plus , they have mixed up the setlists a bit. They alternate between Patience and Don't Cry, there are the alternating Duff solo songs, sometimes you get UTLH, hell, they've even thrown in Sorry and TWAT a couple of times.

Board footer