You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Life in the UK/#bagelgate

johndivney wrote:

For our friends across the pond here's a snapshot of what it is to live in the U.K. Maybe some of you have never visited & haven't been acquainted with our culture. This should provide you with some idea of what it's like. Make of it what you will.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DougieStew/s … gr%5Etweet

It immediately reminded me of the journeys home on the school bus.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Love how everyone's sitting quiet as church mice once the police get there 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Haha...bunch of drunk fuckers

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I shoot wedding videos, and about 2 years ago shot a very small wedding. The girl was from a small town in Pennsylvania, the groom was from UK. I think they met at work here.  Anyway, she had little family & friends there and he did too being from overseas, but it seemed a few closer friends came.  Anyway no lie, it was bizarre, after the 1st dance, toasts etc...  the guys all huddled around the bar and just talked, told stories, joked around etc.  It was like something out of Ricky Gervais' version of The Office or moreso The Worlds End. They never moved for about 2 hours, just hanging at the bar ordering more beers. The wives & girlfriends were elsewhere chatting, dancing etc.

I know it sounds like 'all guys do that' but it was definitely a cultural difference to it. Like they just hung at the bar, in a tight circle, way more that Americans would, sharing storytelling. It sortof fit the stereotype you see in the movies.

johndivney wrote:

Every wedding I've been at ^

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
johndivney wrote:

For our friends across the pond here's a snapshot of what it is to live in the U.K. Maybe some of you have never visited & haven't been acquainted with our culture. This should provide you with some idea of what it's like. Make of it what you will.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DougieStew/s … gr%5Etweet

It immediately reminded me of the journeys home on the school bus.

Somebody needs to speed it up and add some Benny Hill music....

Place a bagel on some guy's head here in America = somebody is getting shot.

Board footer