You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Rock in Rio 2017

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

In their defense, System Of A Down refused to get off stage and ate significantly into GNRs time, which I remember clearly, really pissed me off. Once they did get off, there was a monsoon and rumors said the show would be canceled but ended up delaying the equipment switch.

The weather was horrible. Not surprised the show ended up a mess.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing to me was that Rio3 was a magical show. Debuting new tunes and the first real video of the new band. It was all so exciting. Of course Rio2 was also awesome...so I was one of those people who thought Rio4 was going to feature something special. Maybe a reinvigorated Axl or some new songs or something. Then it turned out to be a lackluster show to say the least.

Hope Rio5 delivers!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing to me was that Rio3 was a magical show. Debuting new tunes and the first real video of the new band. It was all so exciting. Of course Rio2 was also awesome...so I was one of those people who thought Rio4 was going to feature something special. Maybe a reinvigorated Axl or some new songs or something. Then it turned out to be a lackluster show to say the least.

Hope Rio5 delivers!

I think you're mixing them up. Rio 4 was I think in 06? GNR also played that, it was shortly after their 06 comeback, not a disaster by any means but not Rock am Ring standard either which was only a couple of weeks later. I seem to remember RIR4 had some issues with sound quality on the stream though.

Whichever RIR was in 2011 was the real bad one, forgotten lyrics, splashing through puddles and a yellow rain coat. Debut of Estranged was the only highlight.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Rock in Rio 3 was 2001

Rock in Rio 2006 was Rock in Rio Lisboa 2006

Rock in Rio 4 was 2011

Their naming structure is fucky

Rock in Rio 3 was awesome

That is all

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wagszilla wrote:

Their naming structure is fucky

Well, the fact that they call some of them "Rock in Rio" when they're in fucking Lisbon doesn't help.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Not expecting much from Guns Rio performance in 2017, aside from some cool official video footage. If they decide to break the mold and play something rare or unreleased, even better.

Board footer