You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Rock in Rio 2017

misterID wrote:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/03/r … rmed-acts/

I had no idea they had last years RIR in Vegas. That's just bizzare. I haven't watched anything of the new shows recently, just the first leg, so I'm probably going to stream this and def not because I expect anything new.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

pretty dope.

last time, we at least got estranged performed for the first time in forever.

not holding my breath for any unreleased songs being played, but i'd bet we hear something off the illusions we haven't heard in years.

either way, should be a great show -- the band is going to feed off the insane energy from the rio crowd.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Locomotive would be killer.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I think I remember trying to watch a stream of the Rock In Rio 2011 debacle.

I'm hoping the quality will be good and they'll play some new songs.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The yellow coat incident...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

Locomotive would be killer.

I would love to hear this!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Long ago an announcement like this would get me hard. I remember where I was when I read the announcement on HTGTH about playing RIR4...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

It's called getting away with murder.

RIR promoters have mentioned Guns in '11 was the hardest singular booking in the history of the festival, alluding to complex contract negotiations. This was after a 20-year business relationship between Axl and Roberto Medina, which included the UYI tour launch and the 2001 big comeback show. What's more, the 2011 show was decidedly lackluster, even if we graciously compare it to the average gig in 2010.

Roberto Medina, 2011 wrote:

Commenting on Guns N' Roses, who were 2 hours late getting on stage despite agreeing to pay a hefty fine for making fans wait, Medina said "Axl came very late and did not respect the public," citing three things in particular: "I found a lack of commitment, respect [for] the public, [and] the huge delay (they were more than two hours [late])."

All that's gone now. I bet Reading and Leeds are also keen to sign Guns again, despite talking Axl up as a pain in the arse after (again) poor showmanship.

Having said that, RIR '17 will likely see a well-oiled machine delivering the hits.

misterID

misterID wrote:

In their defense, System Of A Down refused to get off stage and ate significantly into GNRs time, which I remember clearly, really pissed me off. Once they did get off, there was a monsoon and rumors said the show would be canceled but ended up delaying the equipment switch.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I mean Rio 2011 could've been a legit but you're infamous largely because of two decades of tardiness, the tie isn't going to the runner.

Board footer