You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: HMV says "CD not a scheduled release this year"

If it's real, it's still just HMV. Of course they won't have any credible info, or anything close, until Uni admits that they have the album.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Well...

This was posted on UK-based band Unklejam's forum on 10/19/07.

Hmmm, had this mail from HMV yesterday regarding my pre order for the album........

Dear HMV CUSTOMER

I am writing to you regarding your recent order for:

Cat.No: CDV3034
Artist: UNKLEJAM
Title : UNKLEJAM

Unfortunately, this title is no longer being released. We have therefore cancelled this item from your order.

Please note that you have not been charged for this item.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment caused.

Kind Regards

Jamie Hook
Customer Service, E-Commerce
www.hmv.com

Jamie Hook from HMV, again.

And this from Aussie composer Rob Dougan's forum, posted a month before, on 09/19/07.

am sure many people reordered the clubbed to death 12" off hmv... so heres their reply today.

Dear HMV Customer

I am writing to you with regards to your order for the following item:

Cat.No: 9836188
Artist: D, ROB
Title : CLUBBED TO DEATH

Unfortunately we have had a statement from our supplier regarding the Mo Wax 122 titles, stating:

'˜Due to various contractual and legal issues, Universal Music Catalogue regret to announce that they are now unable to release the planned Mo Wax 12" titles as planned.'

The item has therefore been cancelled from your order. Please note that you have not been charged for this item.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment that this may have caused.

Regards,

Jamie Hook
Customer Service, E-Commerce
www.hmv.com

So this one Jamie Hook has been sending out mails like these to people in the name of HMV before. Who knows.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow...so more than likely this guy inquired about CD and got a response...and more than likely its jsut not on the lists at all....it maybe later on... just not at the moment

good researching sic. 22

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Well, good research sic., but as CC said, it is still HMV, so it doesn't mean much one way or the other. All it says anyway is "this title no longer has a scheduled release date for this year" now that doesn't mean it WON't be out this year, it just means it doesn't have a RELEASE DATE of this year.... yet. 16

Regardless, it's interesting that they sent this, but all things considered meaningless. We're right back to where we were yesterday.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I was leaning toward it being fake after Slinger pointed out those faults... Now I don't know what to believe.  Looks legit after all.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Well, I believe that in the light of this information, the e-mail itself is legit. Looks like it came from HMV, and represents HMV's take on the situation.

Does HMV know shit? There's a good chance they don't.

The most recent release date HMV listed was 02/12/07. They had it up for a good while (atleast since Sept '07), and had replaced their earlier date of 09/17/07 with it just when that date got alarmingly close.

Now, enlighten me. Since when either Universal or Axl have publically announced either release date? The mail means just that - there is currently no release date for CD on HMV. Good riddance, I say. The Feb date is still visible at Amazon UK, though. I expect it to disappear by next month.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i agree that his is an unreliable source but....

if it is true about the communication between hmv and universal/geffen

one theory i can think of is that chinese democracy is no longer the name of the album and/or the product has changed whether it be as simple as a different title or a double disc type thing.

nothing but a theory based on no info

Considering HMV has never been right concerning a release date in the past, maybe this is a good sign after all.

My own personal guess, this means absolutely nothing, good or bad.

bba 08'

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

I think its a case of HMV has offered the pre-order for CD for a few years now - and they must have some internal procedure in place that if any item is still unavailable to the consumer after a certain amount of time from it being at the pre-order status on their website (say 18 months for example) - perhaps its their policy to cancel all pre-orders until they get further word that its ready.  Just my thoughts. I wont put any sway or faith in HMV knowing before we do.

Board footer