You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: AFD_30

James wrote:

Same here. In most cases, CD is the ONLY track I listen to from a show.

They own the song now. I'm not joking about a re-release.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash has been KILLING IT

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Guys somethings wrong with Monkey.

He's being too positive it's really creeping me out.

I was positive about everything until about 2012.

Historically I was a fan of both bands, like I grew up with AFD/UYI era then got into the CD era lineups pretty hard as well. Even the DJ era.

Amongst my favourite records are Snakepit1 and Chinese Democracy - so I've always been a fan of all line ups and solo stuff.

But 2012 was when I lost faith. After the raincoat RIR4 incident...and the following few years of bad choices I got pretty frustrated. Add to that some real crap personal stuff has happened to me last 4 or so years and i've been taking my depression out on poor old axl92

But I do love GNR really.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Still think Axl sounds like garbage on Jungle. Especially that first verse.

yeah, It's patchy to me.

Like he nailed the opening scream ok (well for modern standards anyway - I still jack off to the 2006 screams at home hahah). But this was solid.

So it started ok - but then the first like of the first verse - that opening "Welcome to the Jungle" was terrible sounding - like physically took me out of rocking out to the song it was so disconcerting - sounded like someone mocking axl for a second.

Then he sort of recovered a few lines in and it was mostly ok after that.

It comes and goes. I guess he must have vocal problems we don't understand to be honest. It's really the only explanation for that kinda thing.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They should re-record and re-release that and it'll be a hit and the general public will think its a brand new song.

That would be fucking killer.

Although I'm fine with the album version vocals. But I'd love them to get those Axl CD vocals and add Slash/Richard in place of the Robin/Bucket version.

Slash just sounds amazing doing that riff even....and I LOVE his outro.

On a related note. Axl needs to get his remix vocals from TIL (the one 8 seconds of leaked the other year in high pitch) and have Slash solo on that like he does live.

Now that would be a great 1-2 single to me.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I know i've said this over the years here, but why the fuck has Slash not released an instrumental solo album. Who would complain about an hour of him playing stuff like the Estranged leads or Watch This? Not me.

His playing is phenomenal and getting better. (Yes I know I would have realized this if i followed his solo career, but he's always had shitty singers i have no interest in).

Rocket Queen sounds amazing now, holy shit!

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I listened to a couple more songs.

They're starting to gel as a band. A couple songs have a raw energy that reminded me of the Hammerstein shows. So that's positive.

It's the first show where they've started to go off the beaten path so maybe that's a sign of things to come. The Jungle band jam was pretty cool. Melissa is using some effects to simulate Bumble's slide guitar on Chinese which I don't care for but was noticeable. Rocket Queen was interesting. Double Talkin was pretty good.

My last criticism on this show and probably the band at large is that it's still sloppy. If sober people playing poorly and/or simulating drunkards is your thing, have at it, but it bores me. The handoffs between Fortus and Slash are worse than Robin/Bucket on their worst day and Slash has plenty of moments where he defaults to noodling as a safety valve. Axl sounds like Kermit. The band has no discernible character of their own. Meh.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

On my way back home I listened to the entire show. It was amazing IMO, where Axl struggles Slash more than makes up for it. KILLER

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching all the videos with the sound board audio synced. This shit is awesome as fuck. How anyone couldn't love this blows me away. It's great. Slash's tone is so badass!

Board footer