You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Facebook Announcement

Smoking Guns wrote:

What a Fucking Joke!!!! How embarrassing. I AM DONE!!!! Fuck you AXL ROSE YOU ARROGANT COCKSUCKER.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The lamest announcement ever. They deserve all the backlash. I hope the arenas are empty and nobody goes to support this shit.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is an official Cash Grab now. This band has ZERO INTEGRITY. I AM LIVID.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

glad i didn't get my hopes up.

still, i'll definitely be at that detroit show.

pretty historic night -- first (and last?) guns show at the new little caesars arena.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It is an official Cash Grab now. This band has ZERO INTEGRITY. I AM LIVID.

it has been at least since the so-called reunion, but probably since the 2010 tour wink

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

So wrong to treat th fans like this. They are Fucking with their hard core base hard here. You cannot defend this Shit and the bullshit delay over Manchester??! GO FUCK YOURSELF. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Like I said earlier – at the moment, the simple fact of having Axl, Slash and Duff up on stage is enough to sell tour tickets and merch. They don't need Izzy and Adler for it to qualify as a "reunion" in the eyes of most concertgoers (particularly since during the band's 1990s heyday, they'd already left the band). They don't need new material to sell tour tickets.

They haven't even covered all of the available territories with this tour yet – Europe hasn't seen them. As this new US leg of the tour proves, they can hit those markets twice and still rake in the cash without having to do anything except being there. So why bother with new material, or dragging Izzy out of mothballs when it isn't necessary? The fact is, we'll only see new material from them, or Izzy guest slots or whatever, when interest in the tour starts to flag. That isn't even on the horizon yet.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bro, Interest is falling like a fucking rock. They are coming back to cities played last year. Which is why they are in arenas and not stadiums. Demand is falling.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bro, Interest is falling like a fucking rock. They are coming back to cities played last year. Which is why they are in arenas and not stadiums. Demand is falling.

Yes, that was inevitable. That's exactly what I'm saying; it's a balancing act. Once interest drops below a certain level, they'll whip out something to stir up more interest. That could be a reissue, it could be a new song, it could be a series of Special! Guest! Appearances!

Also, it might be worth considering that as a member of a GN'R fan forum, who lives and breathes GN'R every day of the week, your focus might be a little skewed. From where I'm sitting, in Europe, interest is through the roof. Because we haven't seen the fucking Not In This Lifetime tour yet. 90% of the people attending those shows are not going to have pored over setlists and watched YouTube videos.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, that was inevitable. That's exactly what I'm saying; it's a balancing act. Once interest drops below a certain level, they'll whip out something to stir up more interest. That could be a reissue, it could be a new song, it could be a series of Special! Guest! Appearances!

Also, it might be worth considering that as a member of a GN'R fan forum, who lives and breathes GN'R every day of the week, your focus might be a little skewed. From where I'm sitting, in Europe, interest is through the roof. Because we haven't seen the fucking Not In This Lifetime tour yet. 90% of the people attending those shows are not going to have pored over setlists and watched YouTube videos.

Don't get me wrong. You SHOULD be excited. It is a great show. But now it is time for something. Blueray, AFD REISSUE, new Single, AFD lineup show, new album etc.

Board footer