You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 121 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

slcpunk wrote:

Get over yourself. The last time a white person blew something up that wasn't Irish, was McVeigh in 95. Everyone here knows who Dylan Roof is. But I bet you don't know the name of the Arab who shot up a gay night club.

They just picked up a neo nazi loser in Florida with explosives and poster of McVeigh at his place. Other plots have also been thrwarted before they occurred. They are out there too. We just happen to catch them before they act here. They also tend to be more prone to using bullets, not bombs.

And law enforcement in America see fringe right wing groups as just as big, if not sometimes more of a threat, than "radical" Islam.

But I disagree with Mole on one point in particular. Religion. The kids they brainwash to do these thing may not necessarily be religious zealots, but they run into the arms of religious zealots, who then brainwash them to carry out these atrocities. And as I said, while many of these are second generation citizens (we agree there), many already identify as Muslim before making the move up to nutjob/mass murderer.


We'll see about the idiots in Florida.  So far most of that story is coming from the guy who just murdered two roommates.  My friends and I have made napalm and fuses as teenagers because we got copies of the Anarchist Cookbook and thought it would be fun to make tennis ball bombs (match heads and gun powder in a tennis ball), but we never even thought about using them on people or animals and just liked fucking around in the woods behind our homes.  I'm not saying that's the case here, but having bomb precursors isn't the same as actually having explosives ready or even a plan or intent to use them. 

And to your point, there is a fundamental difference between the mentally ill shooting up a movie theater people following a warped from of Islam to enforce their agenda.

Axl S
 Rep: 102 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Axl S wrote:

Not sure how tougher immigration laws would have helped in this incident. The guy who did this was born in the UK and was a normal, shy teenager until a few years. Then he was radicalised and we are where we are today.

The left in the West does need to get comfortable actually offering solutions to tackle radical Islam. Although we'd be best targetting it's core (Wihabism) rather than dreamed up solutions involving bombs and rounding people up. Historically, going door to door and rounding people up has never really panned out well.

Thought your president was actually good in the aftermath of this. Refusing to call the guy a monster (instead saying he's a loser) and saying that the leaders of the Islamic world actually have to be the ones to sort this out.

Always remember guys, don't give in to fear. Live your life as you would and don't let this shit make your turn against your fellow citizens. If you don't the terrorists actually do win.

TheMole
 Rep: 76 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The Mole, I like you, but that was maybe the biggest load of bullshit I may have ever read in my life.  The typical "It's America's fault" is so tired and lame. How about some Fucking accountability!

Nowhere did I say it's America's fault, and I did not want to imply that I think the fuckers who commit these acts of terror are in any way not accountable for their own actions. Of course they are. BUT we (the West) need to choose how we deal with this. And we really do have a choice here: we can choose to double down on immigration laws, round up all of those dark-skinned motherfuckers that don't share our values, deport them, build a couple of walls on the border, you know... Trump-style stick-your-head-in-the-sand-and-it'll-go-away politics. Or we can rise up to the challenge and provide these kids with an alternative. Sure, we don't have to. We owe them nothing... after all, what have they ever done for us with their medieval beliefs and anti-western rhetoric? But you can bet your ass that in the long run we're all better off if we bring them into the fold, be inclusive.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Smoking Guns wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The Mole, I like you, but that was maybe the biggest load of bullshit I may have ever read in my life.  The typical "It's America's fault" is so tired and lame. How about some Fucking accountability!

Nowhere did I say it's America's fault, and I did not want to imply that I think the fuckers who commit these acts of terror are in any way not accountable for their own actions. Of course they are. BUT we (the West) need to choose how we deal with this. And we really do have a choice here: we can choose to double down on immigration laws, round up all of those dark-skinned motherfuckers that don't share our values, deport them, build a couple of walls on the border, you know... Trump-style stick-your-head-in-the-sand-and-it'll-go-away politics. Or we can rise up to the challenge and provide these kids with an alternative. Sure, we don't have to. We owe them nothing... after all, what have they ever done for us with their medieval beliefs and anti-western rhetoric? But you can bet your ass that in the long run we're all better off if we bring them into the fold, be inclusive.

I can't speak to the assimilation in Europe but they assimilate quite well in the US...  however a travel ban may have been helpful for this situation to keep him from going to Lybia etc.

Neemo
 Rep: 481 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Neemo wrote:

Round people up based on the colour of their skin and their beliefs.. .what is this 1942?

Or are we going on a witch hunt?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 121 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Neemo wrote:

Round people up based on the colour of their skin and their beliefs.. .what is this 1942?

Or are we going on a witch hunt?

You can talk about Islamaphobia while they behead you

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Round people up based on the colour of their skin and their beliefs.. .what is this 1942?

Or are we going on a witch hunt?

You can talk about Islamaphobia while they behead you

Damn, heavy shit there. There is no solution. Well, there is one bit it would be horrible and would not be right and therefore would never happen.

Neemo
 Rep: 481 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You can talk about Islamaphobia while they behead you

So I should live in a constant state of fear and promote religious and racial persecution because I might be murdered someday, somehow, somewhere? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever fucking heard of.

"Let's build a wall and get rid of everyone of this particular religion" ... what's that remind you of?

Not all Muslims are terrorists ... And not all terrorists are Muslim. By the time you find out that a particular someone is a terrorist it's too fucking late ... lately it seems that the person carrying out the atrocities are locals from the targeted area FFS

We have to rely on Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Military Intelligence, etc. to determine if an attack will happen and hope that those people can anticipate and stop the offenders before an incident occurs.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You can talk about Islamaphobia while they behead you

So I should live in a constant state of fear and promote religious and racial persecution because I might be murdered someday, somehow, somewhere? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever fucking heard of.

"Let's build a wall and get rid of everyone of this particular religion" ... what's that remind you of?

Not all Muslims are terrorists ... And not all terrorists are Muslim. By the time you find out that a particular someone is a terrorist it's too fucking late ... lately it seems that the person carrying out the atrocities are locals from the targeted area FFS

We have to rely on Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Military Intelligence, etc. to determine if an attack will happen and hope that those people can anticipate and stop the offenders before an incident occurs.

Good post and I agree to a point but the VAST majority of terrorism being carried out today is Muslim Extremism.

Neemo
 Rep: 481 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Neemo wrote:

Perhaps ... but Muslim extremists claiming responsibility for a terrorist act is not the same as it actually being carried out by them

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB