You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Guns N' Roses planning new album - 'It's too good not to happen!'

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Eh, the "who is the sound of GN'R" is a different debate -- one I'm tired of and smart enough not to get into. All in the eye of the beholder. Slash has reinvigorated Axl, so that's good.

I like Frank.

I don't want throwback rock.

Frank is a poor drummer but probably a nice guy. He has the gig because he was friends with Tommy and Richard, that is the only reason.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Why are some GNR fans obsessed balls ? Buckethead does n`t give a shit about " traction" or mainstream exposure. Anastasia riff is cool but song sucks dingleberries.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

nowadays, Slash rather embodies something like tired nostalgy 80's thing. good to make money off casuals, of course.

Wrong. Fake News.

Since 2010 Slash solo has done nothing but crank out kick ass songs and tour the world. Name one kick ass rock song Bucket wrote that got any traction.

as much as I love both Snakepit and the first VR album, I also absolutely dislike his solo stuff. it's a steaming pile of shit, not really sure why it received so much critical praise... maybe the big name did all that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Why are some GNR fans obsessed balls ? Buckethead does n`t give a shit about " traction" or mainstream exposure. Anastasia riff  is cool but songs sucks dingleberries.

I like Bucket!!!!!!  Maybe Axl should have gotten Gary Moore too. Or Steve Vai, or Paul Gilbert, or Nuno Bettencourt, or Ritchie Kotzen. Why stop at Bucket?!!?!?!?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

nowadays, Slash rather embodies something like tired nostalgy 80's thing. good to make money off casuals, of course.

Wrong. Fake News.

Since 2010 Slash solo has done nothing but crank out kick ass songs and tour the world. Name one kick ass rock song Bucket wrote that got any traction.

as much as I love both Snakepit and the first VR album, I also absolutely dislike his solo stuff. it's a steaming pile of shit, not really sure why it received so much critical praise... maybe the big name did all that.

If you dislike the solo stuff it is because of the singer. The playing is great. Axl on Anastasia would be an amazing song

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:

No, he should have hired Jimmy Page while he was at it.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Miles is awful but the guest heavy one is just as bland and mediocre.

The sad thing is we're gonna be griping at each other for another 2 years / eternity instead of talking about new tunes.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

No, he should have hired Jimmy Page while he was at it.

Slash is better than JP lol.

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:

No, he is n`t. He is n`t even in the same ballpark let alone better. Get real.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

the singer is trash, that's for sure. both Snakepit singers were really good, Scott Weiland was also great (RIP). that Myles guy sucks bad, in my opinion.

Board footer