You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Guns N' Roses planning new album - 'It's too good not to happen!'

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

No, he is n`t. He is n`t even in the same ballpark let alone better. Get real.

2017 Slash destroys 2017 Page

1972 JP, now that is a different story.

Coverdale Page was the last album Jimmy Ripped.  He was decent on the Black Crowes Led Zep album.  But he isn't the same guy he was a long time ago.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

At no point in his career does Slash touch Page.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I don't think it's even remotely fair to compare some guys 50 years apart wink

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Wrong. Fake News.

Since 2010 Slash solo has done nothing but crank out kick ass songs and tour the world. Name one kick ass rock song Bucket wrote that got any traction.

as much as I love both Snakepit and the first VR album, I also absolutely dislike his solo stuff. it's a steaming pile of shit, not really sure why it received so much critical praise... maybe the big name did all that.

If you dislike the solo stuff it is because of the singer. The playing is great. Axl on Anastasia would be an amazing song

This is a difference in taste, I know some folks love Anastasia, but it did absolute zero for me.

Frank is a very talented drummer. He seems like the guy a certain minority of the fanbase feels comfortable bashing. I think it comes down to   Steven or Matt not being there. I just can't justify anyone dismissing his talent. That's not a difference in taste but reality.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

as much as I love both Snakepit and the first VR album, I also absolutely dislike his solo stuff. it's a steaming pile of shit, not really sure why it received so much critical praise... maybe the big name did all that.

If you dislike the solo stuff it is because of the singer. The playing is great. Axl on Anastasia would be an amazing song

This is a difference in taste, I know some folks love Anastasia, but it did absolute zero for me.

Frank is a very talented drummer. He seems like the guy a certain minority of the fanbase feels comfortable bashing. I think it comes down to   Steven or Matt not being there. I just can't justify anyone dismissing his talent. That's not a difference in taste but reality.

Wrong again... The dude in Slash's Solo band also smokes Frank.. As does the touring drummer for Snakepit 1 (Brian Tichey) and Snakepit II (Matt Laugg or something)... His fills and timing at times this tour have been horrid.  Sorum had the best timing of any drummer ever in GNR.  Adler had the best groove.  Freese was very very talented and played drums on Slash's solo album.. Frank is bar band talent level.  Nice guy, but he was handed the job because of who he knew, not how he played.  Kind of like Paul Tobias..

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Wrong. Fake News.

Since 2010 Slash solo has done nothing but crank out kick ass songs and tour the world. Name one kick ass rock song Bucket wrote that got any traction.

It really wouldn't, you know. That whole "Bach-style" riff is the antithesis of Guns N' Roses. It's a perfectly good song in its own right, but it's absolutely not a GN'R song.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

It really wouldn't, you know. That whole "Bach-style" riff is the antithesis of Guns N' Roses. It's a perfectly good song in its own right, but it's absolutely not a GN'R song.

Oh, but the songs on CD are? Lol

lance

lance wrote:

Maybe if some of you would not hoard songs we would be closer to a new album.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I like Bucket! Axl should have done a fucking solo album with him. But Slash IS the sound of GNR. BUT HE DIDN'T have the balls to be the next Ozzy...

this x1,000,000

as talented a singer/songwriter axl is, all he should have needed was a creative force behind him like bucket & brain.

those 2 already have natural chemistry; it blows my mind how axl didn't take full advantage of that.

the main reason i want to hear the general is because it's supposedly a brain song. knowing that, it's likely to have buckethead all over it. we also know beltrami worked on that song... there's no fuckin' way that song is anything short of amazing.

at this point, it's probably been tinkered to death with an ashba solo over bucket's parts, but i'd kill a man to hear the original demo.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's more likely the Bucket version is out there than the Ron re-recordings.

Board footer