You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: New Tour Dates Added

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Overall I thought is sounded good!!!

Will Axl ever throw Slash a bone and play a song he wrote?!?!

Anastasia would be awesome!

Meh. Musically it's good, but its Bach/classical stylings are the antithesis of GN'R. Lyrically it's a dog - all that "running away to Mexico 'cause I killed my girl's lover" stuff.

Now, Slither on the other hand...

You speak about the antithesis of GNR, what the hell was most of CD then??

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

all that "running away to Mexico 'cause I killed my girl's lover" stuff.

You speak about the antithesis of GNR, what the hell was most of CD then??

'My girl and friends left me and all I got was this mansion'?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Meh. Musically it's good, but its Bach/classical stylings are the antithesis of GN'R.

The same could be said of Double Talking Jive's Flamenco outro.....

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Slash writing a piece of music that isn’t in GNR style...? Now I’ve heard everything.

Like Smoke said, the same could be said for most of CD, yet that is considered GNR

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

metallex78 wrote:

Slash writing a piece of music that isn’t in GNR style...? Now I’ve heard everything.

Yes, literally everything Slash has ever done is by definition GN'R style... roll

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yes, literally everything Slash has ever done is by definition GN'R style... roll

Sounds as much like Appetite or UYI as this

That music sounds NOTHING like what the GNR sound is. Chinese Democracy is a solo album. Let’s please stop acting like that is a true GNR album just because that is the name on the album. This I Love is a GNR style tune and maybe the Blues. But much of most of CD IS NOT.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Axl = Guns N`Roses. So, yeah, Chinese is a Guns` album whether someone likes or not.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Axl = Guns N`Roses. So, yeah, Chinese is a Guns` album whether someone likes or not.

You're self-admittedly speaking 'technically', but not 'stylistically'.  Kinda missing the other peoples points.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Maybe technically but as this tour has proven, GNR wasn’t shit until Slash came back. Now for the first time since 1996 GNR is treated as GNR.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Ragnar wrote:

HTGTH circa 2004 called, it wants its thread back.

Board footer