You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Rock In Rio 2017 | Sept 23

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah hopefully...although I remember the hate Vince Neil got on some of his more average Motley Crue vocal nights....if Axl was mickey enough then I could see some comments about it....but then again Slash being back buys him a lot of credit....probably why slash is back lol....

johndivney wrote:

Incubus.
Wow.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I listed the start times in the OP but to clarify, the event is technically on September 24th since they're playing past midnight.

I've seen variable start times but I'm gonna go with Rock In Rio's official times.

I will update the post with the official links on Saturday.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

How to watch tonight:

When:
12:25am Local
10:25pm Pacific Time
1:25am Eastern Standard Time

How:

1. Download Hola! VPN

2. Set country to Brazil

3. Visit the following link Globo live stream

Incubus just finished and the lead singer did a post-show interview.

The Who will be going on next.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

man, i can't watch this. axl sounds worse than ever.

at this point, i don't think i'll be buying tickets for the detroit show coming up.

not sure how i can justify $150+ to watch axl stand up there and not even try anymore. he makes the '02 shows sound like '87.

it's not even just axl. has fortus always slaughtered rocket queen that badly? what a clown show.

zelfitz
 Rep: 1 

zelfitz wrote:

Coma was an atrocity.  RQ was terrible.
Sorry to say it, but it's time for them to take a break.
Definitely not worth hundreds of dollars a ticket to see the same (but worse-sounding) show.

Either Axl is sick or exhausted or not interested or a combination of all three. We'll find out in 2018 with AXL/DC

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

haven't checked that yet. but I guess it was even worse than RIR 2006 and 2011 combined, with a snippet of RIR 2001 added on top?

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

This band is done for good. If anyone expects anything from them, they need a reality check.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

This band is done for good. If anyone expects anything from them, they need a reality check.

I've always thought Pitman was right with the money grab thing (not that it wasn't a money grab for some years before already anyway)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not had a chance to watch it yet.

Realistically I wasn't expecting them to make an effort to do anything new, but I was hoping for a decent version of what they normally do as a keepsake.

But I gather from friends it was all mickey and out of time?

I think i might be done. If there's a new album I'll be first in line, but its hard to get excited about live shows if they're not going to make an effort to perform at their current best even for stuff like massive shows with live telecasts and whatever.

Board footer