You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

dave-gnfnr wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

I still don't like Madagascar as a whole, but I much prefer the more stripped down, gritty sound of the demo version. It just feels less clustered and muddy to me. Yeah, it still needs work, but I prefer that to having too much work done to it.

The best versions of madagascar are the RIR 3 and 2002 live versions.  I still dont love any of the studio versions, Axls shitty vocal track ruins the song.

It's more than just the vocals for me. The music as a whole really just doesn't do it for me. Kinda the same with Breakdown. It feels sorta... bland.

I know what you mean,  the album version is super loop heavy. it needs more BH guitar work, that is for sure.

Even the solo in the middle by BH isnt nearly as good as his RIR3 solo.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

I think the best versions of the songs were leaked on Antiquiet.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I hate Madagascar but I like Madagascar. Typical GNR fans 14

Which one is it. Make up your minds already 14

How can anyone prefer Maddy demo to album version is beyond me.

I mean, it`s cool and everything but it`s not finished, it needed work, it`s disjointed.

Ill take underfinished than overdone finished any day

Like take the dont cry demo vs the album version.

The dont cry demo blows away the album version.

Ill take the rough cut of coma over the bloated version on UYI any day as well.

I hate the Don't Cry demo. Drums sounds cheese and the guitars sounds much like an amateur trying to play the song in a local garage fest. And don't get me started on Axls vocals during the solo.

I don't mind a stripped down version of Madagascar. As long as it sounds good. This doesnt. It replaced the best instrumental work to some lazy-ass rhythm guitar. The solo is still wonderful of course, but all the rest just sounds worse.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I think Axl deliberately wanted to use very weak vocals in Maddy, but it sort of didn't work well here.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

If you read my Madagascar post or remember the performance in France in 2012, you'll know why he used that voice.

zombux

zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

If you read my Madagascar post or remember the performance in France in 2012, you'll know why he used that voice.

tbh, I have almost no idea about 2011-14 era, I almost stopped following them by that time. I guess there might be some hidden gems from that era, damn... RIR 2011 was a disaster, Bridge School was even worse, and in 2012 I already stepped out of the ship, maybe except for when Izzy and Robin joined the band onstage. after the 2010 disaster in Prague, they seemed to totally skip the country in 2012 tour, they only played in the neighbouring countries (it seems they picked Slovakia instead of Czech Republic! but I wasn't interested in seeing them by that time).
from 2013-14 I only remember the Golden Gods Awards performance, which I considered strange, the band seemed worn out. maybe I only noticed the band, because they met Duff in London, and then he alternated with Tommy somehow. weird times. I only completed my collection from those years retrospectively.
anyway, thanks for the link smile

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

tbh, I have almost no idea about 2011-14 era, I almost stopped following them by that time. I guess there might be some hidden gems from that era, damn... RIR 2011 was a disaster, Bridge School was even worse, and in 2012 I already stepped out of the ship, maybe except for when Izzy and Robin joined the band onstage. after the 2010 disaster in Prague, they seemed to totally skip the country in 2012 tour, they only played in the neighbouring countries (it seems they picked Slovakia instead of Czech Republic! but I wasn't interested in seeing them by that time).
from 2013-14 I only remember the Golden Gods Awards performance, which I considered strange, the band seemed worn out. maybe I only noticed the band, because they met Duff in London, and then he alternated with Tommy somehow. weird times. I only completed my collection from those years retrospectively.
anyway, thanks for the link smile

Duff filled in for Tommy because Tommy left to do the Replacements reunion tour. Interestingly, despite being pretty shit all year, that 2014 Vegas residency was probably the best Axl sounded since 2010, aside from maybe Philly 2012.

zombux

zombux wrote:

yup, I also remember Tommy went for Alice in Chains tour during that era, maybe.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think it was actually Duff who toured with AIC to play some rythym guitar to the best of my recollection.

I think in a lot of ways Duff regretted leaving the Seattle scene before it exploded. Like in some way he feels he sold out or something. At any rate later in his career he connected with many of the major players from Seattle, and has recalled his airplane story with Kurt countlessly.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

Duff played for Jane's Addiction, not Alice In Chains

Board footer