You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Kevin Spacey

PaSnow wrote:

Pretty sure he's been 'out' as gay for several years. Which is why alot of people are upset over him saying 'I will choose to live the rest of my live as an openly gay man'??  It's deflecting the issue, what was he before a rapist?  That's like me killing a few people then saying 'I will live the rest of my life as a God fearing catholic' like, uhmmmmm no.

I do agree with Flagg in a way about all these assualt claims in general. This one, the news anchors son, I seem to believe tho that it does seem a bit invasive or fondling of a young 18 yr old, and taking advantage of him. Mostly due to the way it ended, him running home. Some, like Cosby, Weinstein etc sorta seem more like females 'going backstage to hook up with a celebrity'. Not all of them, but I'm sure some are. The latest Weinstein one, she claims she was assaulted twice by him?  Twice, I guess its possible, but I lose a bit with that. If it was so tragic the first time how can you not say 'No' the 2nd time or walk away or throw your drink in his face.

Still waiting for all the Motley Crue sex assault victims to come forward:
GTY-womens-march-new-york-jt-170121_4x3_992.jpg

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I loved house of cards season 1-2 (felt it went a bit off after that) and love Spacey's acting work.

Agreed. Season 1 was great, Season 2 was great too, but I felt they rushed the situation, Underwood becoming Prez. Season 3 sorta dragged a bit for me, and while Robin Wright was great at her part, I felt her inclusion into her political position was a bit too forced. I liked her better as the charity head and Underwood as a Congressmen. I finally finished it but didn't bother with Season 4 or 5, a friend told me what happens (new President) and I laughed, can't imagine how the storyline went but I'm glad I didn't bother.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They're replacing him in the Ridley Scott film.

Now Louis CK is getting accused for jerking off in front of some women. This kind of pisses me off because he apologized years ago to the women saying he had issues and he was getting help. Now they're trying to destroy his career to be a part of the clique.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I loved house of cards season 1-2 (felt it went a bit off after that) and love Spacey's acting work.

Agreed. Season 1 was great, Season 2 was great too, but I felt they rushed the situation, Underwood becoming Prez. Season 3 sorta dragged a bit for me, and while Robin Wright was great at her part, I felt her inclusion into her political position was a bit too forced. I liked her better as the charity head and Underwood as a Congressmen. I finally finished it but didn't bother with Season 4 or 5, a friend told me what happens (new President) and I laughed, can't imagine how the storyline went but I'm glad I didn't bother.

Hidden Text:

Yeah. I thought it was more effective and realistic having her be a powerful woman but working behind the scenes and in their sham charity to further his power - so they were a power couple. Like he was the face of it but they share the privilege and glory from it. But yeah - when she decides she wants to go into politics and then is both accepted at that by the public and able to out play him - yeah...lost credibility with me. To me season 2 was a natural end point really.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

They're replacing him in the Ridley Scott film.

Now Louis CK is getting accused for jerking off in front of some women. This kind of pisses me off because he apologized years ago to the women saying he had issues and he was getting help. Now they're trying to destroy his career to be a part of the clique.

That’s my problem. Everyone is running to the media for attention. Who knows what’s real, exaggerated, or bull shit.

And at what point does is become an invasion of privacy. What happens when the girl who fucked Ryan Gosling wants to claim he assaulted her when he licked her asshole while going down on her.

Can we not acknowledge the very real possibility that some of these women are looking for their 15 minutes?

Take that idiot in Alabama. I don’t know what happened. But is it not possible that because he’s such a polarizing prick, someone wants to exploit the current climate?  And that media are quick to run the story because he’s a moron and has no business being a senator? 

At what point do we consider that some accusations against these men are fabricated?

I’m also not going to pretend seduction doesn’t exist. Women don’t seek powerful men. And plenty of women (think Brad Pitt or any boy band) seek out consensual sex with them. Enough that if alone with a celebrity, it’s not unreasonable to assume it’s on the table. If a girl with her tits hanging out is alone in Axl’s dressing room, is he an idiot if he puts his hand on one?  If she says no, stop. But this idea that intimacy and sex happens through contract negotiation and like lawyers is horseshit.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Presumption of innocence is a real thing, it matters and there's a reason for it. Really, its not the accusers, it's all the social media justice warriors. If there were cases of false allegations they're going to have to be found liable.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

A solo accusation is one thing. But Spacey, like others have multiple accusations from the set of House of Cards alone. After a while, it's not difficult to draw a conclusion. Although some people still defend Cosby I guess...

misterID

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

A solo accusation is one thing. But Spacey, like others have multiple accusations from the set of House of Cards alone. After a while, it's not difficult to draw a conclusion. Although some people still defend Cosby I guess...

Yeah, that's what's hard. Like Weinstein you have endless accusations with the same MO. Richard Dreyfus's son's Spacey story is just bonkers.

misterID

misterID wrote:

But... Multiple accusations still doesn't mean guilt. Look at this daycare sex abuse scandals in the 80s.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Eh, Spacey's rep said he was "Seeking treatment" now. The first accusation he just claimed he was drunk and didn't remember. So he never really denied anything, and now says he's getting help.

Board footer