You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: November 23, 2008: Guns N 'Roses released the album Chinese Democracy

Still love the album. Warts and all!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Chinese Democracy is one of my favourite albums.

If you take it for what it is rather than expecting it to be the AFD line up etc then it's a really great record of really interesting songs and great parts.
That said, I bet there's an interesting parallel universe where the old band did this record and records like 5'O Clock Somewhere all together lol.

Personally I would have liked some of the tracks to have a different final mix, but that's just a personal thing, like how I'd like to hear AFD mastered with modern toys too.

Great songs, love the album.

Personally i'm finding the 10 years after harder than the 10 years before in terms of waiting for new Axl songs too.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

If you take it for what it is rather than expecting it to be the AFD line up etc then it's a really great record of really interesting songs and great parts.
That said, I bet there's an interesting parallel universe where the old band did this record and records like 5'O Clock Somewhere all together lol.

Personally I would have liked some of the tracks to have a different final mix, but that's just a personal thing, like how I'd like to hear AFD mastered with modern toys too.

Personally i'm finding the 10 years after harder than the 10 years before in terms of waiting for new Axl songs too.

Same here!

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It was perfectly possible to do both.

Let`s say, Slash oriented It`s 5'O Clock Somewhere album in 95 with Axl`s lyrics, melodies and arrangements, of course, and then Axl oriented Industrial/Grunge album in 98 or 99.

All they needed was compromise. It would n`t have taken anything from Axl or Slash.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

all they needed was to have some balls and release the stuff.
Slash did have some balls and released two Snakepit albums, both quite cool, I've always liked them.
Axl should have released the original 2000 Intentions album back in 1999. maybe the history would go a different way and we would have much more stuff than now. oh well.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think it’s a mixed bag, love some of it, not a fan of some of the rest.

I loved hearing the obvious successors to Estranged and November Rain in TWAT, and Street of Dreams. Even Prostitute follows that direction in some ways.

Some of the rockers are hit and miss. Scraped is one of the ones that missed the mark. But I like some of the energy in Shacklers, and Better has a nice groove too.

I also think that the album features some of Axl’s best vocals and lyrics in parts, and in other parts it sounds overly processed and cut and paste together.

Which in saying that, it’s weird to hear people say it’s their favourite GNR album. Because even if you aren’t expecting a typical Guns album, I think even as an Axl album it is quite flawed in places.

That said, I liked enough of it to want to hear the rest that was recorded in that era, if it ever sees the light of day...

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

chinese democracy is a great album, but i'd rather talk about it than listen to it.

buckethead's parts are the best are my favorite thing about it.

next year this time is its 10 year anniversary, so it's our last big chance for the big ol' deluxe edition.

give us the remixes, atlas shrugged and the general w/ slash and we'll all finally shut the hell up.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

next year this time is its 10 year anniversary, so it's our last big chance for the big ol' deluxe edition.

nobody gives a damn about anniversaries (and the ridiculous discussion is going on every single fucking year on all GNR forums, but nothing gets ever out). and even less fucks is given about the remixes, ChiDem leftovers and anything else.
deal with it and stop dreaming.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

we might get some cool new chinese democracy sweaters at least! axl

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
zombux wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

nobody gives a damn about anniversaries (and the ridiculous discussion is going on every single fucking year on all GNR forums, but nothing gets ever out). and even less fucks is given about the remixes, ChiDem leftovers and anything else.
deal with it and stop dreaming.

Yeah I agree. Why would the record company release such a turd to begin with?  Few people will buy it & it would count as a release on GNRs contract. Its a lose-lose scenario for them overall. Few ppl buy CDs as it is, let alone Chinese Democracy - The Remixxx lol

Board footer