You are not logged in. Please register or login.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

Re: Where do Guns N' Roses Go from here?

vipicius wrote:

When I think a new album is ''out of the question'', I feel short of breath.
Will Guns N' Roses kill me?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Great article. Pretty much on point on all topics.

"the tough work and endless compromise it takes to craft new ones is probably too much for these guys at this point"
And besides that there's all the trauma regarding the last time they tried that, in the mid 90's.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:

You were quick on this one ... normally I would do this topic.
Anyway, good post.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Good article.

My Prediction:  This lineup just kinda fades away. The final legs of it, whenever it comes, just passes. Axl, Slash & Duff have mininal talks about the future, but Slash & Duff just sorta understand what's coming. They do some other things but at 60ish, nothing major. Heck VR is gonna be approaching 20 years soon. Axl suppoedly resumes in the studio but no former castmembers are back & no one of any name recognition sign on. Years go by, viola! 

That's Guns N Roses folks, and odd story in itself.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Good article.

My Prediction:  This lineup just kinda fades away. The final legs of it, whenever it comes, just passes. Axl, Slash & Duff have mininal talks about the future, but Slash & Duff just sorta understand what's coming. They do some other things but at 60ish, nothing major. Heck VR is gonna be approaching 20 years soon. Axl suppoedly resumes in the studio but no former castmembers are back & no one of any name recognition sign on. Years go by, viola! 

That's Guns N Roses folks, and odd story in itself.

hah, that VR quote... made me a bit sad. I remember very vividly, how the 2002 came and went, then the 2003 stuff with The Project beginning, then Scott Weiland joining and The Hulk being out with Set Me Free which is possibly the most powerful VR song ever made, later Libertad which was meh and it all just crumbled out...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, man Libertad was bad. Hard to defend, just a 'miss' in many directions.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

In a way maybe they were just young punks. My brother said one time "They were just lightning in a bottle".  Sounds about right. 5 guys in their early 20s livin life, whose lives all just randomly intertwined on pure chance meetings.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

One things for sure...money can no longer be a motivator. It’ll have to be something else or they will just fade away.

I just don’t see Axl going back to second rate venues again. That’s least likely. He had to enjoy being properly showcased in stadiums and large venues.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I just don’t see Axl going back to second rate venues again. That’s least likely. He had to enjoy being properly showcased in stadiums and large venues.

Honestly I'd see him likely go into obscurity. 94-01 era.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:

these guys are rich and lazy.
they're only going to release new material one day when people get tired of going to the same show again, and money stops coming in.
the way we get something new from these guys is not going to the shows anymore.

Board footer