You are not logged in. Please register or login.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Re: Reckless Road

got my copy of this yesterday - its a great book.  A really well-put together collection of memoribilia and photos from the very early years.  a LOAD of stuff I'd never seen. Havent fully investigated the clips yet - but the tasters on the reckless road site were pretty damn cool. You get a code inside the book that allows you to access the clips etc - great idea IMO.

http://www.recklessroad.com/

You can order the book from this site (international shipping to UK took a LONG time though - be patient!) and hear the sample clips on it too. enjoy cool

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm about 2/3 of the way through it.  It is an interesting read and probably the most accurate information on what was going on through the growth of the band.

crack.the.whip
 Rep: 1 

I got this book for Christmas and I have read it and flicked through it many times since. Its the most informative GNR I have bought and would definatley recomend it. I liked how it showed the relationships between members of the band and growth of the band in the early stages.
I've briefly looked at the picture and audio and video clips online and they seem pretty good. Took me ages to relise I had to register the code in my book to get access to the online stuff though!

The book is availiable on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reckless-Road-M … 0979341876

http://www.amazon.com/Reckless-Road-Mak … 0979341876

And at the reckless road website if any one is still interested in buying a copy smile

If you live in the UK I think it would probably be quicker for you to order it off amazon because it took my copy 3 months after the origional date given to be shipped over to me!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just ordered myself a copy smile .... i've been debating on and off for a few months, my wife wanted a book so i added this to get free shipping on the order, if my wife woulda bought her book at a bookstore it woulda cost the same as the 2 books together...so anyway its kinda like i get it for free....i'm pretty stoked to read it, i've heard nothing but good things smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah it's a good read.  I learned a lot of new stuff.  You get a pretty good idea why the original lineup broke up too.  You get the sense they were destined to make a huge splash, leave their mark, and then flame out.  Thankfully they all survived.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

this book is fucking great so far....one thing niven and arkeen are not mentioned in the cast of characters...found that odd....neither is tobias for what its worth

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Is Axl wearing assless chaps 18

Sky Dog wrote:

yes he is..:laugh:...strong performance and great vocals.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

finally finished this last night...i put it up for a while as i had a couple other books on the go so now that i have cleared the queu i finished it off...so fucking great this book, some cool inisght and great pics...havent dived into the online content yet though

anyway THIS BOOK IS A MUST HAVE for andy AFD/GnR fan...seriously fabulous

Board footer