You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: How I Would Have Done Star Wars Episode VIII (Spoilers)

Neemo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don’t get all the hate for Rogue One. I loved it, and I thought it sat nicely with the original trilogy

Same here

The vader scenes at the end are amazing.. as was the balls to kill off the entire cast

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don’t get all the hate for Rogue One. I loved it, and I thought it sat nicely with the original trilogy

I didn't hate it but it just felt like fan fiction to me. Like I was watching a really expensive fan film or playing a lucasarts game or reading a starswars teen novel - it felt cool and starwars related - but it didn't feel like a real part of the series the way the other new movies have to me.

The vader stuff was super cool though. But I dunno overall it just didn't suck me in right.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As a stand-alone piece of filmmaking, it’s fantastic.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As a stand-alone piece of filmmaking, it’s fantastic.

If you mean its visuals, and exclude its connection to the Star Wars universe, sure. But as a Star Wars fan, the only two scenes I enjoy are the shot of Vader in his castle on Mustafar, and obviously the final battle sequence with Vader destroying the rebels.

It causes continuity errors immediately, because why would Leia lie about being on a diplomatic mission if Vader literally saw the plans be delivered to her ship as it escaped minutes earlier. And the Empire would have certainly destroyed any vessel that left the ship, making the excuse not to shoot the escape pod of 3PO and R2 absurd.

Should have made Jin’s father have been a Jedi who survived order 66, and was being hunted by Vader. That gives her a reason to really hate the empire. I just didn’t connect with these characters. It was pure original trilogy nostalgia. And it didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know or care about. Did anybody ever care how the rebels stole the plans to the Death Star? Enough you thought it should have its own movie?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The romance and Hispanic brooding Han Solo was terrible. The blind "sorta" Jedi guy was awesome, though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Revenge Of The Sith is my #2 of the entire franchise.

1. Empire
2. ROTS
3. New Hope
4. TFA
5. Attack Of The Clones
6. TLJ
7. Phantom Menace
8. ROTJ

Return of the Jedi at the bottom o of the list....?

Wow. Just wow.

Ewoks. Ewoks. Emasculated death of coolness of Han. Leia was super hot and Luke and Vader was good. But they get away with repeating New Hopes finale with the death star?  The choice of the actor to play Vader was ridiculous. And Ewoks. AOTC was fun.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The standalone Star Wars movie I really hope we get is one that explores the execution of Order 66. I really thought we’d get that in Revenge of the Sith. I’d like to see the clones vs. the Jedi; how Yoda and Obi-Wan escaped; maybe some Vader vs. Jedi scenes. More Kit Fisto (was he killed onscreen in Sith? I can’t remember).

I’ve not read any expanded universe books, so I really don’t know if this would be revisiting anything, but I’d pay to see it. When they announced they would be doing standalone movies, that’s the first that came to mind. I figured it was a no-brainer.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

My list would be (quickly off the top of my head):

1. ROTS
2. ROTJ
3. Empire
4. TFA
5. TLJ
6. New Hope
7. Attack Of The Clones
8. Phantom Menace

I loved ROTS; could do without either of the other prequels though I appreciate the story to some extent.  ROTJ really shouldn't be #2...it really wasn't a good movie, but I was 10 when it came out and it just hit me at an influential time.  If Episode 9 fixes my problems with 8, I could see all 3 of them ending up ahead of Empire for me.  Most SW fans would kill me for this ranking...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Most SW fans would kill me for this ranking...

Looks like you pulled them out of a hat. roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm going to give ROTS another watch based on how many people here seem to like it.

Admittedly it's been a while, I was a huge starwars fan growing up, but I found the prequels really hard to get into.

Board footer