You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Blind item on crazydaysandnights.net

Shared by the inimitable Gibbos Youtube Channel on FB:

This permanent A list rock group has apparently agreed to do something they said they'd never, ever do.  Make another record with (most of) the original lineup.  They just signed a deal with one of the top five most famous producers of all time to take the helm of the project.  Among his stipulations was that every member of the band cede control to the producer, and if any single one member of the band departs or screws up? It is over.  According to one member, no more half-hearted collaborative efforts for that band.  At this point, why would they even try? Aside from the expense of paying off past lawsuits and alimony, they want the money. Apparently all that recent concert money they've recently earned has reminded them they were once that good.  This should be interesting.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/ … 4.html?m=1

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It does sound like GN’R, and I’m hoping it is. I wonder who the big name producer is?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Been chatting about this heaps elsewhere. I think it has to be GNR - all of the 'clues' seem to fit GNR and most other bands it could apply to only fit a couple.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

When did anyone ever say they would never record an album again??  I remember tons of shit talk between axl/slash but don't recall this exact statement being made.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

When did anyone ever say they would never record an album again??  I remember tons of shit talk between axl/slash but don't recall this exact statement being made.

I don't think they did say it as an exact statement.

But when you consider Axl's historical remarks about working with the original line up again:

"I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there’s zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn’t be pretty"

You could interpret that to mean no albums as much as it meant no reunion shows.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well this is interesting...

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

My producer guess is Rick Rubin.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That doesn't sound like Axl.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
otto wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Perfect!  Should be the name of the album.

Board footer