You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Blind item on crazydaysandnights.net

Smoking Guns wrote:

One of my favorite ever produced albums is Shake Your Money Maker by the Black Crowes. It sounds amazing and of course it has great songs. He wasn’t the “producer” but added his name to the liner notes as “executive” producer. I like the actual producer of that album

http://www.feelnumb.com/2010/01/20/the- … dit-fight/

Here you can see where they even fought with him. Corey Taylor from Slipknot said he showed up 4 times etc and was extremely expensive and would never use him again. He is also accused often of being a big contributor to the “Loudness Wars”. GNR are not the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Rick is 54 years old. Younger than Axl older than Slash. I think he “could” be good. He has the resume. BUT, he also has a huge ego. That scares me. GNR is like Stones/Led Zep level classic band.

TBH I suspect that's what GN'R wants – someone who drops in on occasion to arbitrate over what sounds good, sticks his very respectable brand name on the end product and leaves them to it as far as the actual recording and mixing goes.

Mind you, we're all making a big mental leap here from "a famous rock band who's just done a big tour is planning to record an album with a top 5 producer" to "OMG YOU GUYS GN'R IS RECORDING AN ALBUM WITH RICK RUBIN."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

One of my favorite ever produced albums is Shake Your Money Maker by the Black Crowes. It sounds amazing and of course it has great songs. He wasn’t the “producer” but added his name to the liner notes as “executive” producer. I like the actual producer of that album

http://www.feelnumb.com/2010/01/20/the- … dit-fight/

Here you can see where they even fought with him. Corey Taylor from Slipknot said he showed up 4 times etc and was extremely expensive and would never use him again. He is also accused often of being a big contributor to the “Loudness Wars”. GNR are not the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Rick is 54 years old. Younger than Axl older than Slash. I think he “could” be good. He has the resume. BUT, he also has a huge ego. That scares me. GNR is like Stones/Led Zep level classic band.

TBH I suspect that's what GN'R wants – someone who drops in on occasion to arbitrate over what sounds good, sticks his very respectable brand name on the end product and leaves them to it as far as the actual recording and mixing goes.

Mind you, we're all making a big mental leap here from "a famous rock band who's just done a big tour is planning to record an album with a top 5 producer" to "OMG YOU GUYS GN'R IS RECORDING AN ALBUM WITH RICK RUBIN."

Well, they did add him on Facebook and last month they were following 40 people and are now following 41 people.  So there are clues, but I agree.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well, they did add him on Facebook and last month they were following 40 people and are now following 41 people.  So there are clues, but I agree.

On Twitter, you mean? Well, that changes things...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

On Twitter, you mean? Well, that changes things...

Yes, sorry. I saw it on Mygnrforum.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Another Clue? Rick Rubin and Duff McKagen are extras in the same video which came out in December....

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Chances are that the paradigm has changed.

Instead of leaks due to ineptitude, this could be labeled 'promotion'.

'Stay tuned for updates for CD', anyone?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Rick doesn't sit around while you write stuff. You hire him when you have everything ready to go and he deems it good.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Rick doesn't sit around while you write stuff. You hire him when you have everything ready to go and he deems it good.

This is GNR not Slipknot. He will wait because they are the biggest hard rock act in the world. That said, there are better producers.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Normally I wouldn't make much of social media following...but I have to say them adding him the same week that this rumour comes out is pretty huge.

Like all the clues fit GNR and not really any other classic rock act to the same extent. Then they happen to add a top 5 producer. It's a bit of a coincidence otherwise.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:

Lets say they have something agreed, it doesn’t mean Rick (assuming we’re on the right lines) sits twiddling his thumbs while GNR writes material. I’m sure he has other things to be working on. Maybe they want him part of the writing process ie vetoing tracks Ezrin style before they waste too much time on them.

It’s also likely a lot of the material is semi finished anyway. Either from CD or VR days. Whilst I’d like to see an album they’ve co written from the ground up I doubt that it’s likely.

Board footer