You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Would you work for GN'R?

I'd do it – I have a shit-ton of ideas on media strategy. But they'd never take me. smile

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I've decided that I'm going to work for the band, I'm going to teach Axl about reason and science. Show him Dawkins, Sagan, Tyson and others. And consequently, we will have songs of scientific dissemination and critical thinking. axl

That is all. cool

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

You want to turn him into Peter Steele? 10

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

I do not know this one. I was thinking of letters that captivate and show how fascinating science is as well as critical thinking (skeptical, rational, investigative...).

Nightwish did something cool, partly with what I referred to.

Video of a fan.
In the album in question there is participation of Richard Dawkins.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Holopainen of Nightwish has been, in the past, inspired by Scrooge McDuck.

That's fine, but I'd think twice before saying he's a particularly profound thinker.

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

I did not say he is. I just wanted to show the potential of the song, I think it creates a cool atmosphere with a "part" context of what I said.

But it was a joke, although it seems interesting to see Axl writing with parables on this subject — assuming he had such characteristics and knowledge about.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

If you're after a lyrical shift similar to Trent Reznor - around Year Zero - when he stopped draining the well of self-pity (which had lent to a few cracking albums), that would be interesting on Axl's part.

Maybe not too scientifically motivated, but Ax has shown a penchant for politically charged themes (Civil War). That could be a recharging avenue for him, instead of the same old story of the world coming up and at him.

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

Yes, social and political issues. We could say that in the next album could have some tracks on this.

''next album''  lol  \:

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

This mythical next album, taken holistically:

• 1995-1997 - Old GNR sessions

• 1997-1999 - Chinese Democracy Mk. I sessions *

• 2000-2002 - Chinese Democracy Mk. II sessions *

• 2011-2014 - Ashbavaganza sessions *

• 2016-Present - Reunited And It Feels So Good sessions

* New GNR sessions, could be set aside

I don't think anything was written 2006-2007 since Axl rebuked various Fortus and Frank rumored titled in the chats.

We have the other half of CD, the fanciful third New GNR album, and whatever Axl was working on in his creative place.

The earlier we wind the dial back, the more we're likely to get self-indulgence and Seymour whinging.

Board footer