You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: universals release list?

James wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

I'm already looking to 2008.

Me too. There's nothing happening on the CD front and we're approaching November.

Only thing we are getting this year from Axl is the Baz songs.

Oh well, the upcoming Eagles album is supposed to be incredible. That should keep music lovers happy until the next good album comes out.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Dumb question here but can CD be put on this so called list and then taken off of it too or does it mean if we see it on the list it's set in stone?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

To answer the above: re-read the opening line of the quote wink "Release dates are subject to change, and often do. If you are a record label (or, more accurately, work for one), and notice that your releases are not listed here, please contact us."

I'm guessing this is a general release list, not the Universal list.... A Ryan Adams boxset being released by Universal? He's on Lost Highway Records I thought.

Whoever put GNR on the list is either just wishful thinking or taking the piss. Roll on 2008

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

But I thought Jamesloton said there weren't anymore 2008 hats. 

Or did he say 2009?

All I know is that it feels like fucking 2002-2004 silent era all over again.  4

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i checked in with a guy i know in radio....I was wold that radio prople don't generally get the release lists, itsusually the retail guys so that avenue is closed to me, we'll have to wait on our retail freinds at the boards....maybe even one that we have on our membership 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Robman wrote:

I agree, had he released it in 1999 it would have been a new GNR album coming out after a few years break.

By this time its just a bit of a myth, becoming more irrelevant every few months.

In a couple years time it'll be just another album from a band that was once famous.

It passed that threshold quite a few years ago.  If it ever comes out, it will be another album released by one guy from a band that was once famous.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Aerosmith [Title TBA]  2008 
The B-52s  [Title TBA]  Early 2008
Dexy's Midnight Runners  It's OK Joanna [first album in 22 years]  2007
Matchbox Twenty [Title TBA]  2009
Metallica [Title TBA]  Early 2008
No Doubt [Title TBA] 2008
R.E.M. [Title TBA]  Spring 2008
** Scott Weiland  [Title TBA]  Late 2007  **

I don't think I'll be buying all of these, but they are the ones that piqued my curiosity.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Is that Q-Tip The Renaissance the album Ron was working on?

A Private Eye wrote:

Is that Q-Tip The Renaissance the album Ron was working on?

No that's Q Ball.

Board footer