You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

James wrote:

CD 2 – B-SIDES N’ EPS: REMASTERED

Reckless Life
    Nice Boys
    Move To The City (Live)
    Mama Kin
    Shadow Of Your Love (Live)
    You’re Crazy (Acoustic Version)
    Patience
    Used To Love Her
    You’re Crazy
    It’s So Easy (Live)
    Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (Live)
    Whole Lotta Rosie (Live)

Wow. You dont have many B sides at your disposal when you have to pad the disc with GNR Lies. 16

Other than that, I have no complaints. We knew going in that it would contain material we've already heard. They did toss in a couple unknown tracks though.

Are Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, and Just Another Sunday a couple years newer than previously thought? I cant imagine skipping those if they belonged on the set. Maybe those are for UYI.

Also surprised Sentimental Movie, Too Much, Too Soon,etc. aren't included but I don't like those songs anyways.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Are Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, and Just Another Sunday a couple years newer than previously thought? I cant imagine skipping those if they belonged on the set. Maybe those are for UYI.

Also surprised Sentimental Movie, Too Much, Too Soon,etc. aren't included but I don't like those songs anyways.

Illusions era, 1990-ish.

It's been awhile since I dusted off the "Unwanted Illusions" stuff but some were recorded at RS Studios and the Hellhouse and a few we don't know the origin of.

James

James wrote:

THOSE songs kicked off the recording of UYI?! Yikes.

No wonder Adler went crazy with the drugs. 14

I just realized something....the absence of YCBM. Wasn't a version of this recorded in the AFD era? I do realize why they would want to save it for a future UYI release but it would've made sense to include it here. Even a casual fan looking at AFD's liner notes is going to realize YCBM originated in this period.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I doubt they did much with YCBM. Remember, Don't Cry was also around in the Appetite era.

No Cornchucker, even for those with the box to match.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

I liked "Shadow of Your Love", the vocals are not as strong as the original demos (any of them including the Hollywood rose era demos), but they're solid. Also, the quality makes all the difference in the World. Guitar work from Slash is not amazing, but fits well in the song, and are still a bit raw as is the guitar work on the original demos. All in all, a very solid track and definitely a good way to promote the new Remaster. I always wondered why Shadow wasn't released on Lies, since it was such a good track. The lyrics are simple and savage, which really is what Guns N'Roses is.

This song deserved a proper version, and I think the band did it justice! I have been listening to it nonstop, and even bought the single on iTunes beforehand, knowing fully well that I will buy the super deluxe package.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So...... we're all pretending One In A Million never happened, eh?

James

James wrote:

No Cornchucker, even for those with the box to match.

That will be saved for.....

3357.jpg

They have very little to work with when it comes to that album. Basically just a few alt demos, Cornchucker, and a few live performances.

Don't Cry was also around in the Appetite era.

I just realized that wasn't included. iNteresting.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

So...... we're all pretending One In A Million never happened, eh?

Its part of the reason I laughed when seeing the B sides disc song selection. Its been padded out with Lies minus OIAM.

In Axl's defense, he mentioned years ago the possibility of excluding that track on future releases....so its not just a SJW situation.

I want it included on an actual Lies release though. The CBGB version, demo, etc.

edit: I'm not complaining about the track list. We had just talked the other day about their lack of B sides so that specific disc isn't that surprising.

and even bought the single on iTunes beforehand,

I didn't realize it was already on Itunes. I'll have to buy it.

I was never a big fan of this song but I hope it can chart fairly high.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys think Slash’s lead is from 1986 yet it sounds exactly like 2016 DTJ intro and Wicked Stone’s outro in the style and phrasing. Point is, the lead on SOYL sounds more like modern Slash than Vintage Slash but either way sounds like Slash.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys think Slash’s lead is from 1986 yet it sounds exactly like 2016 DTJ intro and Wicked Stone’s outro in the style and phrasing. Point is, the lead on SOYL sounds more like modern Slash than Vintage Slash but either way sounds like Slash.

I've only heard it once.

This is reminding me of the SG situation with the Hands All Over remaster. The fan base was split down the middle when we first heard it. There was bass higher in the mix and it sounded like Shepherd who wasn't even in the band when that song was originally released. What made it even more confusing is we knew that some new vocals had been added to certain songs.

Board footer