You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

dalethirsty wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Who’s with me on Izzy being MVP on this bad boy? How his and Slash’s innate chemistry and interplay has been missed.

my first thought after hearing this was "adler fucking rules."

tbh, shadow of your love is a pretty unremarkable track without his signature swing and feel.

this boxset is going to completely reinforce the notion that steven adler was always THE drummer of guns n' roses.

do we know if a version of you could be mine exists with him on drums? i'd lose my goddamn mind over that.

in fact, they should just start re-releasing all these different albums with re-recorded drums from adler. uyi 1 & 2, spaghetti incident, hell... even chinese democracy. imagine the title track of that song with steven on drums. it would be the weirdest and best thing ever.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

About Monkey's review of UYI shows.

Page Guns N' Roses Sudamérica: The Japanese company Empress Valley (company in charge of bootlegs of bands like Zeppelin, among others) launched a never-before-seen pro-shot filming of a Skin N' Bones Tour show by #GnFnR (Saskatchewan Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada - March 26, 1993).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6HGAq77Qr0

This is the second upload of the video, the first one was shot down. Mobile recording on a TV, but seems to have a good quality.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Which 2 lead guitar tones are most similar.

Shadow of your Love

Nightrain

Wicked Stone, go to about 4:18

or this

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, Adler does sounds really kick ass on Shadow....

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The iTunes download for Shadow of Your Love (and the deluxe album in general) is "pop" genre. Incompetent stuff there Apple.

ND2FFK7.jpg

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The iTunes download for Shadow of Your Love (and the deluxe album in general) is "pop" genre. Incompetent stuff there Apple.

https://i.imgur.com/ND2FFK7.jpg

Yes, I saw that too. Hahaha pretty funny. This song sounds awesome on a big stereo

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/ND2FFK7.jpg

Yes, I saw that too. Hahaha pretty funny. This song sounds awesome on a big stereo

I think this set is probably worth the $30 just for remastered copies of the old demo songs like Shadow, Jack Flash, and so forth. Remastered Appetite/Lies on top of that is a nice bonus.

johndivney wrote:

Shadow, new vocals & new guitar track proof you cant polish a turd.

Mick did new vocals on Exile reissue i think? Keef did some guitar parts fresh as well? They sounded as stupid and shit as this.

Tbh it’s more effort than I was expecting, but it is still far less than what AFD & GnR deserve. But it is what it is at this stage.

The longer it goes on the more important it makes Izzy & Steven seem.
The worst thing that ever happened to them was becoming famous. The second worse thing that happened to them was attracting a fan base that will buy this shite.

There was one GREAT idea in this awful thread, from APE. The extended outdo to Nightrain. Let’s be honest the album version is the greatest solo ever & live era goes someways to answering the question of what if, but having the full studio take would be nice after all this time. Unnecessary but nice.

& yea, OIAM is awesome. Axl has no balls anymore. He’s got the shotgun blues. Nothin but a fuckin pussy..

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I want that big box set but fuck me, it works out at $1,450 AUD.  I would likely also get stung with another 10% GST when it arrives too unless there is an option to buy it locally which i don't believe there is.

That pricing is just a huge stretch to justify.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Tbh it’s more effort than I was expecting, but it is still far less than what AFD & GnR deserve.

Far less? What more could they possibly do with AFD? Other than the pricing, its essentially best case scenario. Yeah there's a couple things hardcores might want added(Nightrain outro you mentioned, YCBM, etc.) but they've pretty much liquidated the AFD vault for this release. They even dug into Lies for the box set.

If i want to critique - well there's things missing from this set that I would have liked and I hope see the light some other time - specifically I would have liked cleaned up versions of some of those other early Axl demos like "Too Much Too Soon", "Cornshucker" and "Crash Diet".

As already mentioned, this stuff will probably be used on future Lies/UYI special editions/box sets.

I wonder if SOYL makes its way on to the live set this summer?

Probably. The song was probably cherry picked for a reason.

Board footer