You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: anyone hear the atlas clip leak

Sky Dog wrote:

and HTGTH is a ghost town! You gotta give old Jarmo credit. He is HARDSCHOOL loyal! axl 16

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

So, I am presuming these were the CD's given to Tom Zutaut Feb/Mar 2001. It will be interesting to see all the dates on all the CDs

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
sp1at wrote:

So, I am presuming these were the CD's given to Tom Zutaut Feb/Mar 2001. It will be interesting to see all the dates on all the CDs

no, some of the CDs already have dates like June to August 2001. so these must be of later date, or were stacked up gradually during Zutaut's time with the band (he was let go in November 2001 after the Village mixes were finished in October 2001 - if I get it correctly)

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Well I'm certainly not getting any work done today.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Geeez, just imagine Hardschool coming out among all the 2000s garbage of the time. (Limp Bizkit). They just would've blown everything away.

WTF happened??

People like Bob Ezrin saying, ''Axl, we are not ready to mix this record. This record isn’t ready to be mixed. There are two great songs on it and I know that you’re capable of more, that’s the reason why I’m here. You’re such a great talent and I would do you a disservice if I didn’t tell you the truth, which is that most of the songs aren’t great. But I‘m very happy to help you get there and I believe that it’s possible, if you would like to continue to work on the record, to make it better.'

Probably didn't help

Don't get me started on Ezrin. Great producer, but he wants to be involved in the writing process for royalties. It makes a lot of sense that he would tell All to start over and write with him. 4

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

Loving the snippet of Checkmate. It's basically what I always wanted to hear from that clip that's been circulating for so long; a ballsy rocker with a bit of a NuMetal edge.

Atlas... I don't want to judge it fully until there's a full clip of it in better quality. It didn't blow me away, but I feel like a lot of it was due to how shitty sounding the quality of the clip is. And maybe a tad of 20 years of overhyping.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
zombux wrote:
sp1at wrote:

no, some of the CDs already have dates like June to August 2001. so these must be of later date, or were stacked up gradually during Zutaut's time with the band (he was let go in November 2001 after the Village mixes were finished in October 2001 - if I get it correctly)

Yeah, I saw Tom likes, or something like that on one of the photos. It's quite exciting then. We see Brain joining, what Bob Ezrin, then what Tom Zutaut heard, then I guess what was being worked on for the Summer of 2002 release.

Obviously, the ones with the vocals were probably looked upon for the Beavan master.

These fill in a big gap in GN'R history. Amazing.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

and HTGTH is a ghost town! You gotta give old Jarmo credit. He is HARDSCHOOL loyal! axl 16

why would he care, he has ha all this stuff for over 15 years

Sky Dog wrote:

True. hmm

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Haven’t logged on here in ages. Hope it all leaks! Does James Lofton still post on here?

Board footer