You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Best song so far?

James wrote:

I agree completely. CD was a leaks album + bonuses to fill the disc  and was nothing like what it was supposed to be.

By 2002 he claimed it was 18 tracks and 10 B sides. Pretty ambitious and I laughed at this claim  years ago but I'm no longer laughing.

He clearly had the material to work with. Fan speculation of a Chinese Al Capone's vault is embarrassing in hindsight.

Best song so far?

Atlas Shrugged 14%
Perhaps 33%
State of Grace 23%
Hardschool 28%
Silkworms 2%
Total votes: 57

Sky Dog wrote:

Chinese Democracy turned out to be a half ass compilation album. I’ve said it a million times. neutral

James

James wrote:

During the chats he should've been asked what it's original track list was. It had a tracklist by 2002. He said it did. Whatever that was ...is Chinese Democracy.

James

James wrote:

One more thing with 20 years of hindsight...

It's shocking that none of these sessions leaked in 2000-04. I don't mean into hoarders hands...they already had them ..I mean the general public.

Audioslave's songs leaked a year or so before they released it and at that point, CD was highly anticipated.  Other artists and bands material was hitting torrents back then.

Instead of complaining about leaks in 2006, should've thanked their lucky stars that the whole shit and shaboodle didn't surface years earlier.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He said he always saw it as a double album. In hindsight, he should've just released it all on one album.

These leaks totally rejuvenated me as a fan.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

He said he always was it as a double album. In hindsight, he should've just released it all on one disk.

18 songs + 10 B sides is an incredible double album.

It would've been GNR's Tusk. An ambitious smorgasbord of deep cuts with a couple moderate hits.

These leaks totally rejuvenated me as a fan

Me too. My interest is back to that late 90s-early 00s period which is when this stuff was relevant and should've all transpired.

Hearing the material he was working with instead of speculating on whether the vault is empty gives you a much better perspective on those lineups.

Sky Dog wrote:

Meh....I veer  from happy to have this stuff to pissed off every other hour....could be a personal problem! Sobriety sucks! big_smile

James

James wrote:

Indeed it does.

This was long overdue. The rabid fan base always deserved to hear this stuff and not just a precious few having access.

My other favorite band, Soundgarden, has tons of demos and the world didn't end with fans listening to them. Only hardcores care about this stuff. If it's ever released, the people listening already will buy it.

Plus we're not getting any younger. No more perfect time than now to hear it all.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What's hilarious will be the reviews of the reunion album with these CD era songs. " See, these are the songs Axl should've been making instead of toiling away on his solo project!"

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Meh....

Meh?

Door # 1

Listen to the band perform Jungle tonight

Door # 2

Listen to Atlas Shrugged and Quick Song

Only one of those doors sounds meh to me.

tongue

Board footer