You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy tracklist - 2000 ~ 2001

AtariLegend wrote:

For those with better memory, was Oklahoma on the 2001 setlists?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was an alternate for Riad at HOB.

It's what started the 'is Riad really Oklahoma' speculation many moons ago.

I now realize what this implied..

Oklahoma was a finished track at that point.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James wrote:

I now realize what this implied..

Honestly surprised it hasn't leaked yet. Also, it's good to be back. Feels like the mid 2000s again 14

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Wasn't sure if it was then, 02 or 06. I'm guessing given the dates it's probable a finished version of this was played for Erzin too.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Wasn't sure if it was then, 02 or 06. I'm guessing given the dates it's probable a finished version of this was played for Erzin too.

It's on the same cd as Hardschool but by March 2000 it was still instrumentals only:
gnr-rough-mixes-cd-3.png

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Oh my god, I want those songs.

AtariLegend wrote:
otto wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

It's on the same cd as Hardschool but by March 2000 it was still instrumentals only:
http://www.suicideshift.info/discograph … s-cd-3.png

Yeah, but rir was 1st jan 01.

The Erzin intervention was somewhere during that fall of 2000 so there's time (several months).

Couldn't have just been an instrumental at that point (erzin's review) if they were planned to play it live less than a few months later.

The version of Oklahoma played for Rolling Stone the year before, was supposedly an instrumental though. Maybe the same one on those discs if it ever leaks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

After HOB it never made it to the alternate list again.

Kinda strange actually but on the other hand it kinda fits. Between HOB/Rio and the 2002 tour, OMG and Silkworms were dropped from the set and OK dropped as an alternate.

This is actually what started the speculation about there not being as much material to work with as previously thought. Most bands add new material to the set, not subtract.

Good to see you again Strato.  5

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

After listening to these leaks a bit, it also makes me wonder if someone was pushing Axl away from some of these songs.

Atlas, Hard School, and Perhaps definitely sound like they could fit in with the old band. State of Grace is a bit more out there, but could definitely be pushed in that direction too. I'd be willing to be Oklahoma is the same way.
Maybe someone was pushing Axl to release and work on tracks that were farther from the old Guns sound. (Silkworms being the exception. it's B-side/rarity box set material all day)

Cudder
 Rep: 0 

Cudder wrote:

Who's playing the "lead" parts in Madagascar RTB mix? Much more prominent in the mix. Through the "it's never too late..." sections.

I wish we had another vocal take on Maddy. A clean take without so much rasp through the verses. I always though the 2001-2002 clean sound was so good. I was so disappointed when it leaked and it was raps.

Board footer