You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Ion U

otto wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:
otto wrote:

This is one of the songs I've heard way way back.

This demo, though, is way in its infancy. I'd bet the "ay ayyy ayaaaaay ay" are just mark ups to add lyrics later.

you've heard eye on you way way back?

I'm pretty sure an industry mate of his played some tracks for him a few years back.

This. The full story is buried among my posts.
Short version: I've heard 4 songs over the phone, being played on a car stereo. Ever since, any leak or snippet we've got never rang a bell 'till I heard Eye On You. There's still three more I've never heard again.

Disclaimers:
Will never reveal the source. I don't have any files to share, it was played over the phone and of course I didn't record it 1) because it was the right thing to do 2) because it was asked and 3) because it was totally a surprise call. I'm not an insider by any means and am not looking for attention, don't need it, been here long now, have met several members and ex-members (miss you being here, Russ) in person and am close friends and it was never my behavior.

otto

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

The vocal track sounds like he probably recorded it the same day as If the World.

I thought the same thing. Sounds like it could be another ITW.

That's a nice catch.. It fits the "espionage movie" vibe. Wonder if they're from the same batch of ideas.
It seems we have different flows that can even be separated into styles. We've had more traditional, rock oriented songs (IRS, CD, Catcher, Hardschool, Perhaps), then the epics and ballads (Madagascar, TWAT, This I love), then the experimental (Silkworms, Oh My God, Eye On You, State of Grace, If the World, Shackler's).

Don't know if we can narrow it down to dates but there's probably something to it.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:
otto wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

you've heard eye on you way way back?

I'm pretty sure an industry mate of his played some tracks for him a few years back.

This. The full story is buried among my posts.
Short version: I've heard 4 songs over the phone, being played on a car stereo. Ever since, any leak or snippet we've got never rang a bell 'till I heard Eye On You. There's still three more I've never heard again.

Disclaimers:
Will never reveal the source. I don't have any files to share, it was played over the phone and of course I didn't record it 1) because it was the right thing to do 2) because it was asked and 3) because it was totally a surprise call. I'm not an insider by any means and am not looking for attention, don't need it, been here long now, have met several members and ex-members (miss you being here, Russ) in person and am close friends and it was never my behavior.

do you remember the names of the other 3 songs you heard? is it Seven, the General, and Quicksong?

otto

otto wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

do you remember the names of the other 3 songs you heard? is it Seven, the General, and Quicksong?

otto wrote:

The full story is buried among my posts.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:
otto wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

otto wrote:

The full story is buried among my posts.

i guess i gotta check out your previous posts to find answers.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

The quality is so low on this. Is this the same foe everyone?

Slice
 Rep: 0 

Slice wrote:

new here but been enjoying reading this board for several years.  dloaded a snippet last weekend that was supposed to be eye on you but wasn't.  Someone posted it, lyrics talk about midas touch and he's the kind of man you can't resist.  Super strange.  Sounds like axl but hard to tell.  Almost sounds like something a boyband would do.  Now that EOY is out, obviously not the same.  Anyone else hear this or know what it is?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Can I get a pm please?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

This is pretty cool.

It reminds me of an inverted If The World if that were sung by Bond and Eye On You were sung be Dr. No. The villainous complement / B-Side.

It needs some more lyrics and additional work but I love this. It’s light and fun.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

link by pm please?

Board footer