You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Me And My Elvis Instrumental Leak (2019)

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I still think this is Leave Me Alone/Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul and nothing to do with Monsters. Axl did like reusing lyrical themes.

However I'm skeptical we'll ever hear it or ever know without an interview where some one straight up asks someone from that era.

It's not just lyrical themes...it's Beltrami.

[GNR] was sort of just work for hire. [...] I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. [...] A song called 'Seven,' which is the one [...] I actually wrote a guitar part [on]. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

Me and My Elvis would make it 5 songs instead of 4.

Leave Me Alone is Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul.

Which is listed separately from The General.

It's fairly possible Leave Me Alone was originally Elvis (before Beltrami touched it). It was at least 2 years before he touched it from the rough mixes.

If Leave Me Alone was renamed Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul, it's entirely possible it was originally Me, and My Elvis.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Its clear this is just one song chopped into two
not sure why people  think Monster is Soul Monster
That is like thinknig Garden of Eden and the Garden are the same song

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I

That's not even close to what's going on here.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I

But it is, because people just think bc it has the same word it in its the same song
The music of Monster and Elvis are not even close to being the same

If Monster is any song, then its probably Monstrosity.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I

But it is, because people just think bc it has the same word it in its the same song

It's not just one word (monster). The song has the lines "monster" and "stole my soul". It's obviously Soul Monster. And Me And My Elvis was never connected to Soul Monster by anyone in the band, we just assumed that because both had Elvis in the title. If anything, that was the case of people thinking it's the same song because it had the same word.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

My two cents:

1. Monsters is Leave Me Alone/Elvis and The Monster of Soul/ Soul Monster because a) the high-pitched/scream-y part fits Axl's description b) it has work from Marco Beltrami (on the other hand, there's nothing heard about Beltrami working on Monstrocity).

2. The General and Soul Monster/Monsters started out as separate tracks and were still separate by the time of Axl's chats in 2008, but were merged into one two-part song by 2010.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

It's not just one word (monster). The song has the lines "monster" and "stole my soul". It's obviously Soul Monster. And Me And My Elvis was never connected to Soul Monster by anyone in the band, we just assumed that because both had Elvis in the title. If anything, that was the case of people thinking it's the same song because it had the same word.

Oh right, when I say its not soul monster, I am talking about me and my elvis since everyone connects those two songs

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

My two cents:

1. Monsters is Leave Me Alone/Elvis and The Monster of Soul/ Soul Monster because a) the high-pitched/scream-y part fits Axl's description b) it has work from Marco Beltrami (on the other hand, there's nothing heard about Beltrami working on Monstrocity).

2. The General and Soul Monster/Monsters started out as separate tracks and were still separate by the time of Axl's chats in 2008, but were merged into one two-part song by 2010.

Yeah. I don't see how it's open to debate.

It's Prostitute/song 2 repeating itself.

The merging shines new light on that post about Seven being D Tune and Circus Maximus.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea i heard monsters mentions alot then he talks about his soul...so just figured...but I'm way out of loop on what has leaked and not leaked so don't trust my opinion lmao

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

While I don't think it's as clear cut as the New Song 2/Prostitute debacle, the possibility is there.

It could be always considered part of The General and it's just that, a song with two parts.

It could be Monstrosity.

It could be Soul Monster. It's also possible Monstrosity was another working title for Soul Monster.

We won't know unless someone gets to ask questions, or if the band ever just speaks.

Right now you can pay $100 for five minutes of chatting with Robin Finck. There is one way you might be able to find out.

Board footer