You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: Me And My Elvis Instrumental Leak (2019)

wasted wrote:

I could see Soul Monster as like Estranged, a grower that might not be the hit single but 10 years later fans are pleading to hear it live. It is like a darker more haunting Estranged. It has the dolphin guitar and piano breaks. Atlas seems more like the hit ballad. Hardschool or Berlin are great rockers. State of Grace is a cool Bowie pop rock moment before they go epic with Perhaps, Quick Song, Zodiac, Soul Monster.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

and supposedly a Robin Finck SRV solo in a future version.

I'm listening to this now and having a hard time imagining such a solo being pasted in.

I'm wondering if Bucket was removed and it was added post-Bucket departure ala Ron-Shackler/Ron-CITR.

If so....I'll take the version without the so called Stevie Ray Vaughn solo. 9. bucket

As I've stated many times, I have very little interest in post 2004 material.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

and supposedly a Robin Finck SRV solo in a future version.

I'm listening to this now and having a hard time imagining such a solo being pasted in.

I'm wondering if Bucket was removed and it was added post-Bucket departure ala Ron-Shackler/Ron-CITR.

If so....I'll take the version without the so called Stevie Ray Vaughn solo. 9. bucket

As I've stated many times, I have very little interest in post 2004 material.

2004 version of cd is the holy grail for us slobbies and soul monster better have a monster "no pun intended " bucket solo

wasted

wasted wrote:

Damn, Seven doesn’t really sound like DB when Beltrami talks about it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
wasted wrote:

I now chalk up the Freedom 7 flight reference as a coincidence.

Another reason is Devious Bastard is clearly a finished Bucket/Giant Robot instrumental simply brought to the Chinese buffet. There's nowhere for the song to go except on a Bucket pike or rotting in a vault.

It might be possible they took the Freedom 7 quotes and used them in another track.

I'm now onboard the Apex/sp1at train that believes Circus/Ides was likely renamed Seven at some point.  I mean.... there's only so many songs to work with and Circus was clearly a song with major potential.

The project also had a clearly established pattern of changing working titles.

Sky Dog wrote:

I keep it simple and use the names on the discs. tongue

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

what would you say in june this year if i told you that we would have almost every single cd demo from late 99 to 01?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

what would you say in june this year if i told you that we would have almost every single cd demo from late 99 to 01?

But we don't. There's clearly tonnes more not accounted for.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

But we don't. There's clearly tonnes more not accounted for.

i know i said almost of course there is more stuff from that era not accounted for

wasted

wasted wrote:
James wrote:
wasted wrote:

I now chalk up the Freedom 7 flight reference as a coincidence.

Another reason is Devious Bastard is clearly a finished Bucket/Giant Robot instrumental simply brought to the Chinese buffet. There's nowhere for the song to go except on a Bucket pike or rotting in a vault.

It might be possible they took the Freedom 7 quotes and used them in another track.

I'm now onboard the Apex/sp1at train that believes Circus/Ides was likely renamed Seven at some point.  I mean.... there's only so many songs to work with and Circus was clearly a song with major potential.

The project also had a clearly established pattern of changing working titles.

True Ides should have had work by Beltrami but he doesn’t mention it.

What is the full list of Beltrami tracks at this point?

I’ve been confused by the CD tracks and others he mentioned.

Elvis doesn’t have orchestra?

Board footer