You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

johndivney wrote:

You got the latest system update for the PS3 itself? Think something like that has happened to me before.
I'm running version 4.76 right now fwiw.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, says I'm fully updated. I can download the patch or whatever for the game, but installation just freezes.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Some ps3 have issues with running dual layer disks...mine did that with uncharted 3

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Apparently it's a known issue. They recommend to delete the game data and just try again. We'll see when I get home.

On a related note, don't understand why they don't make more WRC games. Used to play it on PS2, fantastic game.

AtariLegend wrote:

Shame on anyone thinking about buying EA's Star Wars Battlefront. Season passes are despicable, even worse when it's essentially doubles a games price for content that should be included in the retail/base copy

DLC's make me feel like I'm not young enough to enjoy games anymore. I remember when major games from certain series only came out once every few years and expansion packs only came out for PC RPGs ect that already had loads to do.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

AtariLegend wrote:

Shame on anyone thinking about buying EA's Star Wars Battlefront. Season passes are despicable, even worse when it's essentially doubles a games price for content that should be included in the retail/base copy

DLC's make me feel like I'm not young enough to enjoy games anymore. I remember when major games from certain series only came out once every few years and expansion packs only came out for PC RPGs ect that already had loads to do.

Basically just fuck EA and other companies like Konami because they are some of the worst in the industry when it comes to business practices, withholding content, and treating their audience like utter garbage. Especially since the original Battlefront games on PS2, Xbox, and PC gave you much more content especially maps on the disc without extra pricing. This is just shameful.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

For Xbox 1 I've got a few games I've not had chance to really play yet - Titanfall, Sleeping Dogs and Rayman Legends. Planning to play them in December as I'll have more free time.

I also recently bought Asterix on the Wii, and Castlevania 2 on PS3 just because they were really cheap and I intend to find the time to play them one day 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I finished assassin's creed syndicate 100% and got the platinum trophy too

Gonna go back to remastered uncharted now

My buddy picked up fallout 4 and u watched him pay that for a bit this weekend...I'm on the fence...but only cuz I suck at shooters

It's like a gun toting version of skyrim

johndivney wrote:

that's impressive work neemo. i admire your dedication! anyone who 100% one of those open world ubisoft games, fair play.
think i've got most of my very few platinums from telltale games..

don't think i'll do fallout 4. not yet anyway. tempted by the elder scrolls online, especially in these black friday sales.

will - i really loved sleeping dogs. reminded me of the one yakuza game i played (ps2?) mixed w/gta. it was good fun.

think i'll prob do just cause 3. have avoided most of the pre-christmas games fo4/star wars/cod.

was hoping mad max was going to appear on the ps store black friday sale but not to be. maybe it'll be in the 12 days of christmas sale if they're doing that this year. it's really the only one from this year i haven't played that i've got my eye on.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

tempted by the elder scrolls online

I was too, but the reviews aren't great.

Board footer