You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Neemo wrote:

So what one should i get?

I'm thinking either the Xbox 360 with the 20Gig HD or the Wii

I cant afford the 120gig HD system or the PS3 hmm

I'm leaning to the Wii though

AtariLegend wrote:

If you're getting it for the kids, get a Wii.

If you want a home "Entertainment System" and aren't someone who wants to play lots of games, just spend time on a few big games at a time.... PS3.

If you want it just for gaming, then X-Box 360.

You can't go wrong with a high-powered PC, although it might cost you more.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Go with the 360. The ultimate football experience can only be found on a 360. Wii is more geared towards kids and also a party type atmosphere. It doesn't get all the big games either, although Nintendo does have its own exclusives(Mario, Metroid, Zelda,etc.).

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The PS3 has been good to me, but with money a consideration, I would say the Wii is great for kids and the 360 is better if it's for you.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Has anyone here played Madden 08 yet?  I rented it for the 360 and jesus christ, I ended up taking it back early.  Fumbles, Fumbles, Fumbles.  Almost every time I had the ball, I fumbled.  Then the icing on the cake was twice in a row, I made it down to the 1 yard line and right as I was about to cross the line, I fumbled.  To much frustration for not a good enough game.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I'm interested in TigerWoods, Madden, Zelda, Mario Party for the Wii as well as bowling and tennis and GH3 is gonna be out on the Wii as well so all my bases are covered, and its the cheapest system. I dont have an HD tv so that isnt a problem for me

i dunno i think it would be a fun system big_smile

as for the 360, i consider it cuz might not feel like moving around while gaming 14 video games are supposed to be for lazy people 14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I played the new Madden at someone's house. Haven't bought it yet as I don't play videogames enough to warrant paying those hefty prices. I agree that its not as good as it could've been, and the only real reason to get it would be having up to date rosters.

Its better than 06 though. 06 was way too easy, and things such as instant replay and quite a few coaches were missing.

EA has a monopoly on NFL games. No one can compete with them, so they have no drive to actually create kick ass games. Sega was starting to kill Madden before EA got exclusive rights.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

EA has a monopoly on NFL games. No one can compete with them, so they have no drive to actually create kick ass games. Sega was starting to kill Madden before EA got exclusive rights.

EA used to have that over here with "FIFA Football", but then came along Konami who had no rights over any team or competition, but they had a system that worked better than the official (Good Game Play)... It's popularity grew and with it the funds to buy official licensing thus pushing EA to make their game good, not just up-to-date... Now the Football gaming (Soccer) market has never been better, great games on each side.

Theres nothing like healthy competition.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I have a Wii and while I do enjoy it, it's better for a party atmosphere. Wii with the exception of a few games coming out really doens't have many blockbuster games, which is pro and a con, it means it has good games for social gatherings and quick light fun. 360 is great for the more "serious" hardcore games however it is lacking in the lighthearted quick fun games. Ideally you have both 360 and Wii however that is costly. Although you lot should count yourselves lucky compared to Europe games wise, you're consoels are cheaper, games are cheaper, and you get all the stuff before us.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

with 2 kids i dont have time to get into a game

like san andreas took me over a year to complete cuz i didnt have t he time and couldnt play when my kid was awake...by the end i was playing games like starwars lego and guitar hero, cuz those were games that my daughter could watch and not ask me what the man with the gun was doing 16

lives evolve i suppose

Board footer