You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Neemo wrote:

Just got the platinum trophy for fallout 4

Got the division as well

johndivney wrote:

That's cracker. You seem to platinum some p big games. Last plat I got was from telltale's tales from the borderlands! (That was such a funny game btw - still same old telltale point & click/QTE's bullshit but there's a couple of truly standout set pieces & the script/voice acting is just top drawer). I have 100% a few recently but none of them had plats. Last one I got close to was the witness but by the time I got near it I was just exhausted & was like fuck this.

Esp cool given how unsure you seemed about picking it up at launch. Glad it's worked out.
It's still on my to-do list, but it won't be this month or next & then may brings drake 4 so..

How long/difficult was it?

My friend picked up the division but I just can't justify it atm. Bought too many games lately & have no time to play them (& just 15mins ago I pre-ordered Trackmania & bought the gta trilogy for ps4..) Would just be adding it to the backlog & @ 50-odd clams it just wouldn't be a good move. Bit pissed off actually as its good to get in on the ground floor of these games & farm the shit out of exploits wink but by the time I'll get round to it it'll prob have all the fun patched out of it..

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

3 days 16 hours 18 minutes is what my save says ... so just over 88 hours

I also have done all 4 of the main faction endings which is another 2 or 3 hours each...so maybe 95-100 hours total...shorter than draginage

a hint if u do play...there is really only 2 endings

Had to grind a bit to do 3 of the 51 trophies and u need to create a couple strategic save slots

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't get the interest in trophy farming on PS games. Seems like a fucking boring way to spend time.

I did though grind FOSs and love the idea of getting server highest score at "Proving Grounds" in Warcraft, but that's really just to annoy other people I actually used to play with. Doing the simple grinds not worth it and I certainly would have no interest in a normal RPG outside multiple endings/exploration. Grinding random things just for silly easy to get trophies is boring.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't get the interest in trophy farming on PS games. Seems like a fucking boring way to spend time.

Grinding random things just for silly easy to get trophies is boring.

Nah some of them are done quite well & do help squeeze a bit more life out of a game. Obviously a lot of the trophies devs put in are an afterthought, really lazily done (like telltale for instance - all their achievements are rewarded for story progress).

However some people do get addicted to it. There's a guy on my friends list with 55 platinums, and he's probably small fry compared to some obsessive people. & they end up playing Hannah Montana or some horrible shit just to get trophies. It's definitely a weird subculture that's sprung up. But like I say quite a few are pretty fun when they pop-up by accident or design. Tho saying that I can't really think of any off the top of my head right now..

AtariLegend wrote:

If you know him in real life johnny. 55 plat's guy that is.

Do him a big favor, try to get him sectioned to their local hospital. They're committing suicide one day once they add up the hours.

johndivney wrote:

Yea the trophy hunters aren't something I really understand. I try to explain it away that they could be doing worse things than spend their time collecting digital trinkets, tho the flip side of that is they could be doing more worthwhile things.

I dunno. I prefer to play as many games as I can but I do like the fun trophies that pop up - not so much collectibles/shooting x amount of bad guys, but the ones that you do something different for - the classic case is in Limbo for instance, if you walk backwards/left at the start you get a trophy for going the wrong way. I mean that's something I've been doing since super Mario bros just to see/explore & it was just a nice little moment to see that sort of tactic acknowledged. Games like brothers & the fall recently had fun trophies for doing things that weren't necessarily related to the story progression, & when you stumble on them it's kinda like little Easter eggs & they're definitely a nice little addition to the atmosphere the games conjured.
In Brothers there was an achievement for taking a ball from a NPC kid & throwing it down a well to make the kid cry - it was a funny moment, completely unrelated to the story & you could miss it by running on past the NPC. Stuff like that is when they get it right imo.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I only have 5 platinum trophies...out of 22 games that i really got into..and 2 are telltale trophies (TWO & GOT) where u get a platfnumber use for finishing the game 16

when I get close I will grind a bit to get the last couple if I'm enjoying the game...but I don't spend all my time just trophy hunting

I was close in the order 1886, infamous 2nd son and shadow of mordor but I couldn't do it...by the time i finished the game I was done with them

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

The most recent game I platinum'd was bloodborne. I didn't think anything of it, but Sony sent me an e-mail for a free theme because of it.

johndivney wrote:

Still not done bloodborne sad

You doing dark souls 3, Rex?

Board footer