You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Decided on a whim to try out the 7 day PS Now trial. The selection of games isn't really great, but I did play and finish Journey within a few hours.

It was actually pretty cool and imaginative. I honestly think it's the kind of thing that should have been included as a free game for the Playstation 3 (had it been released then). There were certain shots that looked fantastic, but well I guess it is very short and is more like watching a children's film than playing a game.

It's worth sitting through for a few hours if you get it on the service, not sure about actually buying it though (due to the length).

johndivney wrote:

One of my favourite games of all time ^
Top 10/20 stuff.

Neemo wrote:

I went big and picked up the turtlebeach elite 800 ... it's pretty awesome ... tho its pricy

Sounds great, is comfy and seems to be well built...also can pair simultaneously with the ps4 and another bluetooth device...was kind of a pain to set up ... but once it is setup it kicks ass

Doesn't mean much...but for spending lots of $$$ on a headset turtle beach mails u a free tshirt and 2 sets of ear plates with pictures on them ... I ordered a Darth Vader set and a blueprint set

I'm not getting a ps4k atm ... hell my tv is 1080p but is only 60hz ... but no need for it currently ... I don't plan on getting ps4 vr either

I finished gta v single on ps4 last night...gonna go for the plat as I'm not too far away after my plauthru...but there are a couple trophies that require quite a bit of grinding so it'll be a long term project when there is a break between game releases

The division is amazing  .love it can't get enough ... I only play it MP tho

UC4 is out in 3 wks ... I have it on preorder

And looks like read dead 2 is gonna be out this year as well...im hoping for a rdr online similar to gta...wouldvbe fucking sweet ... robbing trains, raiding an army oupost for a gattling gun or sterling horses from a rancher could be wild west heist ideas lol

Yea I got UC4 on pre-order too. Got A loan of bloodborne but haven't found the energy to dive into it. Thinking of saving myself for drake.

That's a cool little bonus from turtle beach - did you order it from them directly or get them from Amazon/elsewhere?

Thought you might be going for the gta plat when I saw a few of your trophies popping up on my what's new. Good luck with that one!

Yea saw that red dead leak. If it does make it out this year that'd be amazing. Fingers crossed.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Got A loan of bloodborne but haven't found the energy to dive into it. Thinking of saving myself for drake.

Speaking of Bloodbourne; http://www.melissareesemusic.com/#/videogames/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

That's a cool little bonus from turtle beach - did you order it from them directly or get them from Amazon/elsewhere?

Thought you might be going for the gta plat when I saw a few of your trophies popping up on my what's new. Good luck with that one!

Yea saw that red dead leak. If it does make it out this year that'd be amazing. Fingers crossed.

Bought the headset from bestbuy canada with help from a gift card from my bday and a $90 price match from amazon.ca

There are 3 or 4 trophies that will be a big time sink...so we'll see lol

Blood Bourne looked tough...like the kind of game I'd get real pissed off at lol...my buddy was playing but took a break and kinda got lost with what he was supposed to do when he went back...he reached the end guy but wasn't strong enough

I decided to skip that one to save myself the frustration lol

Same guy bought dark souls 3 so I'll get a glimpse of that one this weekend. My brother is gonna get hitman so I'll get commentary about that one too

Just lined up a foursome for division tonight...im lvl 20 now and if all goes well I may unlock my first signature skill

Right now I'm lvl 18 in DarkZone. ..it's getting tough with douchebag rogue agents...but I'm fit out with all superior gear...sporting a micro smg as my main and a 44 carbine/ak47/m90 depending who's with me...I ended up being the tank player in the party with 2 snipers and a jack of all trades kinda 4th ... my primary dps is at about 21k and my gear abilities are working with my guns to max out their respective talents..things start getting pretty complicated after lvl 15...I love it tho

Gun play in division is far superior to gta...i was surprised

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Decided on a whim to try out the 7 day PS Now trial. The selection of games isn't really great, but I did play and finish Journey within a few hours.

I looked at ps now but after seeing rental prices decided to not bother...I have a ps3 so I can buy the originals used for same price or cheaper and have them forever

Can u see urself continuing after 7 days or is it not worth it in ur opinion?

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Can u see urself continuing after 7 days or is it not worth it in ur opinion?

Unlikely, unless they they dramatically improve the UK selection. Their's Bioshock games, God of War games and Uncharted 2/3, but it's mostly games you couldn't even remember. Bargain basement games, nothing else really for a wish list. I did enjoy Journey, that said.. I've made PS NOW sound more appealing than it actually is here.

However I don't know what games you have on their service in North America/Canada, I do know it's different and bigger though. UK always get's shafted, same with Netflix.

johndivney wrote:

Spring sale on psn. Going to buy some more crap I don't need. Think I'm going to get that saints row/metro redux pack & some others..

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Got A loan of bloodborne but haven't found the energy to dive into it. Thinking of saving myself for drake.

Speaking of Bloodbourne; http://www.melissareesemusic.com/#/videogames/

Found out about that as well. Pretty sweet. I played Bloodbourne for a little while at my friend's apartment a couple weeks back. I've been interested in the game for quite a long time despite not owning a PS4 at the moment. It is very tough; but I love the atmosphere in the game so much that I do want to give it another go.

AtariLegend wrote:

Definitely not going past the 7 free days on PS Now. Video quality starts crashing when you're actually doing stuff. Bioshock is hard to play on it, God of War is unplayable, only journey and sonic the hedehog weren't messes.

It might be worse at peak hours, but why use a service you can only play at 3AM. Bioshock wasn't that great then either.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I hit lvl 30 on division and completed the main missions

I'm lvl 19 in the dark zone

Ran thru 4 missions on hard they were fun

Challenge difficulty sucks for me amd my group right now...couldn't even kill one guy

My gear score is currently at 93

Board footer