You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Neemo wrote:

i know 3 people who've had their 360's crap out, i've already said earlier that thes issue with the 360 is contributing to the heightened sales of the PS3 coupled with the lowered ps3 prices

in other news...i'm pretty stoked for this 9

Rock Band confirmed for Wii
EA CEO John Riccitiello confirms that Harmonix's rhythm game will be coming to the Wii. The question is: when?
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Jan 31, 2008 5:58 pm PT
Last February, an Activision conference call revealed the existence of the Wii edition of Guitar Hero. Though unsurprising, the announcement was welcomed by owners of the still-scarce console looking to embrace their inner Yngwie Malmsteen. Despite a very public disc recall, it was also immensely profitable. The Wii edition of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock sold over 1.2 million units and generated $110 million in the US alone through December 31, 2007.

Today, a post-earnings-report conference call held by Electronic Arts revealed the existence of a Wii version of Rock Band, developed by Guitar Hero creators Harmonix. Though Rock Band is officially published by MTV Games, EA distributes the game via its EA Partners program, and will apparently do the same with the Wii edition.

"One of the things I'm very proud of is the partnership between Electronic Arts and MTV," said EA CEO John Riccitiello to analysts. "In terms of pacing the next few quarters, you're probably well aware of the more than $2.5 million music downloads that have occurred on Rock Band. What's probably the most interesting pieces right now is the coming launch on the Wii, the continued sale of the core platforms in North America, and then the fiscal '09 launch across Europe against all of the SKU. So, frankly for the balance of our Q4 and the first half of fiscal '09, Rock Band is a key focus." (Emphasis added.)

Riccitiello's comments confirm the existence of the Wii Rock Band and the fact that it will be released in the 12 months after April 1, when EA's 2009 financial year begins. Unfortunately, no other information was made available about the game, and inquiries sent to EA and Harmonix representatives were unanswered as of press time.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i know 3 people who've had their 360's crap out, i've already said earlier that thes issue with the 360 is contributing to the heightened sales of the PS3 coupled with the lowered ps3 prices

Same here. Never buying an Xbox. Nothing but trouble.

polluxlm wrote:

Nothing but trouble.

Man, you're such a fanboy...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That too.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yeah my friends xbox got the red ring of doom the other week. He got it last April/May time I think.

It's going to be a big few months for the gaming industry, MGS4 and GTA4 both out in the next month or so, I can't wait.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

My XBOX had the red ring as well. It isn't that much of a big deal. All you have to do is send it too Microsoft and they send it back in about a week fixed and ready too go free of charge with free X-Box live gift cards.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I don't understand how this happens to so many people.  I got my Xbox almost a year ago and it still kicks ass.  Maybe people just don't take care of it?

I've played lots of Brawl over the weekend, it's simply amazing.

And the Freeloader works perfectly if you do it right.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I checked videos on youtube this morning and saw it working, so went to my local import store and bought a Freeloader and Brawl, had a quick go on it tonight and yeah it's pretty much amazing. The first ammount of proper use my Wii has had in months (Innuendo , har har).

So yeah to any EU gamers who can read English get a Freeloader, get an American copy and have fun.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Axl S wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I checked videos on youtube this morning and saw it working, so went to my local import store and bought a Freeloader and Brawl, had a quick go on it tonight and yeah it's pretty much amazing. The first ammount of proper use my Wii has had in months (Innuendo , har har).

So yeah to any EU gamers who can read English get a Freeloader, get an American copy and have fun.

Is there a difference in the versions or any reason to choose an american version over the other versions?

Board footer