You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Neemo wrote:

I have 4 ds4s...I luckily bought them all before the price jump...and 2 of them on a black Friday sale

Anyway the L2 button on one is stuck...it's usually aim so my guy will go in an out of aim like crazy lol

I tried to fix it but I couldn't get it apart

johndivney wrote:

Netflix selections zooming by was how I discovered my R1 sticking. A total wtf/ffs moment.

johndivney wrote:

I see Neemo has been Journeying.. couple of notices popped up on my what's new tab while I was on the ps app this morning. I fuckin love that game.

Anyone playing any of the releases in the run up to Christmas?

I'd like to do Dishonoured 2. & The Last Guardian & Final Fantasy before the year's out haha! I'll probably not do any actually on launch, unless in a moment of weakness I give into the hype.. These games are too expensive on launch when 6-12months they're half the price.

I quite enjoyed the first Dishonoured & reckon 2 will be even more fun. A lot of freedom in the gameplay & great world/atmosphere that will surely be enhanced by the generation leap.

Watchdogs2 getting positive reviews too. I'm half heartedly playing the first one atm.. wee bit similar in style to the division..?? Even down to those Enforcer boss guys. Really dreary fare tho. I can understand why they've supposedly brightened the mood for the sequel. First one's a total drag.
TBH I think I shoulda just went back to gtav/o, replayed it or maybe made a new character for online. No other open world really can compare. + I hear a song from it at least once per day on the radio irl & get instantly transported back to los santos. It was Robert Plant came on yesterday.. maybe simple minds earlier too. Best game.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Got back into GTAV myself after buying the PS4. Gotta say I'm liking these new updates a lot, better ways to make money without the grind, and bigger money to make with it.

If they keep it fresh like this the game can run for years and years. Brilliant really, I even have learned to like the fact that everything costs so much in the game, because then it feels more worthwhile when you finally get it.

johndivney wrote:

PSN Black Friday sale starts today.. I'm kinda hoping it's rubbish to save me the temptation.. think I may pick up far cry primal if it's cheap. Nothing I'm really hoping for I don't think, but I'll prob end up buying shit for the sake of it.. I don't think the division will be in it as it was on offer last week..

Edit: disappointing enough offers. Which is good news as I'm not tempted to buy anything.. Dirt rally is the only thing that looks justifiable value but even then it's too big a commitment to play it atm. Feel like I've dodged a bullet/relieved there's no temptation.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

PSN Black Friday sale starts today.. I'm kinda hoping it's rubbish to save me the temptation.. think I may pick up far cry primal if it's cheap. Nothing I'm really hoping for I don't think, but I'll prob end up buying shit for the sake of it.. I don't think the division will be in it as it was on offer last week..

Edit: disappointing enough offers. Which is good news as I'm not tempted to buy anything.. Dirt rally is the only thing that looks justifiable value but even then it's too big a commitment to play it atm. Feel like I've dodged a bullet/relieved there's no temptation.

PSN is hardly the best place to go for deals.

Not sure what I want to pick up.

FFXV isn't out till next week, but that's the game I've been waiting years for.

johndivney wrote:

Nah I usually buy from psn. It's the convenience of it. I don't often buy full price/new releases off it. I did with PES &I hated myself for it, immediate buyers remorse.
But on the deals of the week offers & ps+ discounts it's usually as handy buying from there as it is amazon/shop.to or cex. + a lot of what I buy/play are digital only/indie games that are only on sale on the psn.

Yea I'm getting pretty hyped by ffxv also. Think it's looking the best out of Christmas run. The last guardian looks like it'll disappoint & I can wait for Dishonoured 2 to drop in price.

AtariLegend wrote:

Civilization IV, got it.

It might be more enjoyable than V, but it still suffers from the end game cliché with the rest of the franchise.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Doubt I'll buy anything leading up til xmas

I'm gonna give division a go again for a while

I'll prolly buy tomb raider and watch dogs 2 at some point

Journey I ok I suppose...just not an indy game kinda guy

johndivney wrote:

Tomb Raider on sale over here on psn, £22 great price v tempting but with drake 4 already this year (& the backlog of other games) I'm holding off..

Hey, neemo, can we get this thread moved to sunset strip?

Board footer