You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

esoterica wrote:

I’m halfway through Chapter 4.

The world is insanely large, immersive, and detailed.

I’m having a lot of fun but I think the first game is better for a lot of reasons. If I wasn’t sinking crazy hours into this game I would say I’m disappointed.

I’m hoping it finishes strong. And there’s lots of story-based DLC.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

So who got Red Dead Redemption 2, and what are ur 1st weekend impressions?

I picked up the ultimate edition and im having a blast

Currently winding down Chapter 3

The strangers are alot of fun...as are the side businesses in town

Got it on launch day. Fucking love it. I'm also in chapter 3 at the moment. Such a great game. I can't put it down.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The crafting system kinda sucks

But 5his game is killer...online will be insane

johndivney wrote:

Finding it hard not to talk to people with Wild West accent.

Think few of systems are clunky enough but willing to stick with it. Can’t get to grips with cores at all. Hunting very in depth. Think a lot of it is geared to teaching you systems for to play online. Plays like a tentative RPG than a traditional 50/60 hour single player. Definitely steers you away from main story to just living in the world.
Enjoying it so far, still only on chap 2.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I’ll beat it tomorrow.

I have 2-3 more missions.

My criticism doesn’t matter because this game will make more money than god but the story is mess, the controls are clunky, and the connection between its “new” superficial gameplay features and narrative is tenuous at best.

I give it high marks for graphics, detail, art direction, shooting mechanics, hunting, and first person mode.

The rest is deeply flawed.

It sticks the landing though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I’ll beat it tomorrow.

My criticism doesn’t matter because this game will make more money than god but the story is mess, the controls are clunky, and the connection between its “new” superficial gameplay features and narrative is tenuous at best.

I give it high marks for graphics, detail, art direction, shooting mechanics, hunting, and first person mode.

Ha u just play a 60+ hour main story in a week....anything will get annoying with that amount of time sink all at once...I'm still in chapter 3 sad

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I’ll beat it tomorrow.

Beat the game today. Have to agree with this 100%.

Still a fantastic game, one of my favs, but clunky controls due mostly to the elaborate animation of the main character becomes tedious after a while.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Ha u just play a 60+ hour main story in a week....anything will get annoying with that amount of time sink all at once...I'm still in chapter 3 sad

Nah, I did a good amount of exploring, fucking about, and all that.

It's just RDR on steroids and I was expecting something a little more fresh.

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Beat the game today. Have to agree with this 100%.

Still a fantastic game, one of my favs, but clunky controls due mostly to the elaborate animation of the main character becomes tedious after a while.

Same.

I like it a lot.

I would've:

Hidden Text:

Re-worked Chapters 1 and 2.

The beginning is my biggest gripe.

And removed/seriously changed Chapter 5. Garbage. Even if I "get it" in terms of the story.

My biggest complaint re: the controls is the bindings of L2/R2. I accidentally shot my gun a couple times.

It's also a pain to change weapons and ammo. The weapon wheel is showing it's age and limitations.

It's crazy to think RDR was 8 years ago. And SA is 14. O_O

Ragnite_Powered
 Rep: 0 

Considering buying a PS4 after over a decade since the last time I bought a console. The reason?
Ace Combat 7. The PS2 trilogy is among the best games I've ever played (with Il-2 Sturmovik, Hearts of Iron IV and the STALKER trilogy) and I couldn't miss that, especially since I could get my hands on Valkyria Chronicles 4 as well. Plus, some other titles I'm interested in have been announced for the platform, such as Metro Exodus.
Of course, the two last games have been announced on PC as well, but my dinosaur is unlikely to run them, and I don't see myself building a static gaming PC or sinking money into a gaming laptop, so PS4 it is.

I'll give RDR2 a try if I can play it at a riend's house or something like this, because I'm not that much into Wild West stuff and prefer not throwing money away for a game I'm not sure to like.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hey neemo, if you wanna hit up some red dead online, shoot me a message on ps4 when I'm on. I fucked around a little on it. Has potential.

Board footer