You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Neemo is skyrim action? Not a fannof rpgs that make u take turns when fighting someone .

As mewise says...no turns, if u need a break u need to pause, if u wait for a turn you die 16

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

If anyone has a PS3, check out the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo. If you like action games, and cutting shit into pieces with swords, it's the game for you.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Finally beat the Walking Dead earlier today since I had some time to complete the last few episodes. Very sad ending and I truly cared what happened with the characters through the whole story. Writing and voice acting at it's best. Music and sound cues were great and so was the level & character design and decision making. Just had to go through some frame rate glitches, game freezes from time to time, and control delays when in a tough situation. Other than that I hope the best for Telltale as a company and so far this is there best game by far. Still need to pick up Back to the Future either on Xbox or Steam.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Finally beat the Walking Dead earlier today since I had some time to complete the last few episodes. Very sad ending and I truly cared what happened with the characters through the whole story. Writing and voice acting at it's best. Music and sound cues were great and so was the level & character design and decision making. Just had to go through some frame rate glitches, game freezes from time to time, and control delays when in a tough situation. Other than that I hope the best for Telltale as a company and so far this is there best game by far. Still need to pick up Back to the Future either on Xbox or Steam.

I believe they're working on a Season 2 of TWD.

Me_Wise_Magic

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I've heard that as well. Going to be interesting where it goes from here.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

yea they are

i'm hoping for some immovation in the gameplay for season 2. the first one is p basic point & click stuff. a little more action wouldn't go amiss, dump the QTE & let us really tear of zombie heads.

but yea MWM is completely otm re the story & impact & shit. it was really really well done, one of the more affecting games i've played in ages. the decision making was a little flawed - e.g. i killed one guy cause i thought i was being an asshole when in fact i was doing the decent thing in not having someone else do the deed, but other than that it was p sound.
it really was fun & they really got to the core of the actual TWD regarding the decision-making, even if it didn't register my meanness, it is really representative of the choices the characters face in the show (& comic??).
& they got a lot of the humour too - the head in the bowling bag springs to mind.

MWM - i'm kinda hoping they leave the storyline from season 1 open-ended & go to a new story for the next season. it's almost better to leave the story as it is rather than reveal the two figures in the distance....

Me_Wise_Magic

I agree with the points you made and thanks. I wouldn't want to play as Clem even though a great developed character who I cared about in the game. I would welcome meeting up with her and another group she becomes apart of later on in the new game's season. I would want to play as a more developed Lee kind of player character; but have more choices and ways to explore around the areas. Without having that monkey on my back of failing specific quick time events (which most gamers like you & me hate now that the industry is pushing them) or accidentally getting killed which took away at times the depth of the story. Just take all the great parts (decisions, emotional storytelling, voice acting, and look) of the first season, tweak the game play, and polish the execution and you have another winner for Telltale, Walking Dead fans, and gamers. Now the show's writers need to take a shit ton of notes on how to improve their own characters. Lee and Kenny's relationship was much more detailed then the last few moments with Rick & Shane in my opinion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

Plenty of stuff has already leaked - more focus on motion control, streaming/cloud services inc PS3 games, touchscreen on controller where start/select buttons are.. Lots of stuff re specs have been discussed too.. Hoping for some surprises as atm most stuff is kinda 'meh' esp goddamn motion control.
Hoping for less focus as a multimedia device & more on new games but think it'll be exact opposite of that & we'll prob only see games next month & @ E3, tonite'll just be the machine & its capabilities.

Board footer