You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: Chinese Democracy mixes disc

dalethirsty wrote:
James wrote:

Instrumental is great. God I love Tommy's bass tone on some of the tracks. How on Earth anyone would think, "Yeah let's bury this in the mix" to the detriment of the songs is just beyond me.

Nobody cared at that point. They were just washing their hands of it at that point.

no wonder tommy was pissed. he dropped some of the grittiest bass in gn'r history and axl buried it 6 feet deep.

at the end of it, he saw 3 different guitar players come in and add parts to songs that were ready to go.

can't believe we're finally getting the curtain fully peeled back.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

The lack of enthusiasm for versions of the title track surprises you?

How about the lack of enthusiasm for Soul Monster, a literal big enchilada?

I was being cynical sad.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

The lack of enthusiasm for versions of the title track surprises you?

How about the lack of enthusiasm for Soul Monster, a literal big enchilada?

I was being cynical sad.

#metoo

hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
James wrote:

Instrumental is great. God I love Tommy's bass tone on some of the tracks. How on Earth anyone would think, "Yeah let's bury this in the mix" to the detriment of the songs is just beyond me.

Nobody cared at that point. They were just washing their hands of it at that point.

no wonder tommy was pissed. he dropped some of the grittiest bass in gn'r history and axl buried it 6 feet deep.

at the end of it, he saw 3 different guitar players come in and add parts to songs that were ready to go.

can't believe we're finally getting the curtain fully peeled back.

His frustration seemed to peak around 2009-10 once he had distance from it.

Kinda funny though...he said almost the same thing Ezrin did about too many layers burying the same songs yet Ezrin heard them before those newer layers were added.

I'm just glad we finally got to hear what it was like 99-01, the only Chinese era I was truly interested in because it's their album.

GnRMex2002
 Rep: 0 

GnRMex2002 wrote:

<vI would love to hear these demos

Board footer