You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 1

Sky Dog wrote:
bigbri wrote:

These songs are great and I love them. But they needed those Bucket solos. There’s not one memorable solo in this bunch. Hell Silkworms and Prostitute don’t even have solos and the title track has a 5-second burst of screech. The best solos aren’t even from a member of the band.

GNR songs are known for their long, kickass solos. There are none here.

Bucket could have slapped solos on those songs in a week. bucket

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
bigbri wrote:

These songs are great and I love them. But they needed those Bucket solos. There’s not one memorable solo in this bunch. Hell Silkworms and Prostitute don’t even have solos and the title track has a 5-second burst of screech. The best solos aren’t even from a member of the band.

GNR songs are known for their long, kickass solos. There are none here.

Yep and still would've had plenty of time for a few nunchuck breaks in the studio.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Perhaps is fantastic

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Perhaps is fantastic

I think it might be Axl's best moment as a songwriter. I think those John Lennon, Elton John, Queen influences really came together.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

and probably did exactly that.

Bri does bring up a critical issue. Had Bucket never joined and the saga drags out, that lack of solos likely becomes a much bigger issue.

90s trends were veering away from epic solos and that is shown here.

AtariLegend wrote:

Hopefully the disc 4 copy that's uploaded has the Elvis in better sound quality.

I think there's a chance that alot of people here, haven't even heard it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Are there any more links floating around? I had one sent my way but it was already down by the time I got back to my PC...

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

it makes no sense Axl sits on songs like atlas shrugged, perhaps, state of grace, hardschool for over 20 years and never releases them on chinese democracy

cr3ssfire
 Rep: 0 

cr3ssfire wrote:

Had this disc on repeat since i got home from work. 9 These songs were absolutley butchered over the years with the constant re-recording and re-workings (with the exception of There Was a Time, Buckethead took that to a whole new level). Absolutley loving these versions.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe Real Doll will finally show us Bucket's Shacklers solo.

Board footer