You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 3

bigbri wrote:

Man, I really like Dummy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I was gonna listen but I can't even find the damn thing now. My phone is a mess of leaks.

Can't wait to finally get all this stuff properly sorted and filed on my laptop.

Listening to disc 4 with the Raiders game on in the background.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

I was gonna listen but I can't even find the damn thing now. My phone is a mess of leaks.

Can't wait to finally get all this stuff properly sorted and filed on my laptop.

It's on rough mixes 3. Track 8.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James wrote:

If it'd help, I have all the Rough Mixes with the files renamed, James.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Is Disc 3 out now, then?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

It's a gigantic pain in the arse, isn't it? I spent half an hour fiddling about in iTunes renaming the files. The only small mercy is that bloody Apple Music didn't overwrite the files with the album versions like it did with the old demos...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bucket bots....

Listen to Dummy again

That killer guitar work under the acoustic was used by Bucket later on. It kicks in around 1:00 Not sure which song or album but I've heard that before, probably on one of the pikes.

If not, he got as close as he could without actually ripping it.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Bucket bots....

Listen to Dummy again

That killer guitar work under the acoustic was used by Bucket later on. It kicks in around 1:00 Not sure which song or album but I've heard that before, probably on one of the pikes..

Yeah, I was going to point this out, but I couldn't place the guitar. It might have been another GNR song? I'll listen again.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Bucket bots....

Listen to Dummy again

That killer guitar work under the acoustic was used by Bucket later on. It kicks in around 1:00 Not sure which song or album but I've heard that before, probably on one of the pikes.

If not, he got as close as he could without actually ripping it.

James it sounds so familiar. It is one of Bucket’s signature tones.

This isn’t it exactly, but it’s real close to Wake The Dead when he kicks in with the electric around 1:45 and on.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

The section in Dummy between 1:10 and 1:15 sounds exactly like a specific Bucket song but I can’t place it. It’s on the tip of my tongue.

Board footer