You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 3

James wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:
James wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

Please PM me everything.

It feels like I’ve been waiting 20 years to hear these CD II songs.

Wait a minute...

You don't have any of the previous leaks?

No none. I haven’t been able to access sites.

But I’ve been posting about these mythical songs for so long I feel like I know what they sound like. Some are new though like Hard School and Perhaps, Dummy? It makes sense these discs exist though. I wonder if like Axl said CD II was finished as a studio version with the remix. And these are like the demo discs. And now Slash etc and re-recording ...

I only have working links right now for Elvis and prom Violence. I'll send em in a sec.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
strat0 wrote:
James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Man... how didn't this stuff get released!?

Axl had a bunch of great material.

I'm floored.

Most of this stuff is A list material and half of CD should have been relegated to his B list.

I'd agree. Replace Scraped, Shackler's, Sorry and This I Love.

In a way those songs were brought into that Beavan album tracklist, or the RTB album to replace The general, Oklahoma, Atlas etc?

Scraped etc we’re finished under Costanzo era with Bucket. I guess it’s what worked lyrically as the CD statement. The variety of the material too. Sorry is like Don’t Cry shaped. Shacklet’s was almost commercial single at the time. Like a nu metal YCBM. It worked as an opening shot. Feel like ITW wasn’t pushed hard enough as the movie theme to Body of Lies. It had massive RNB/Rap crossover appeal.

wasted

wasted wrote:
James wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:
James wrote:

Wait a minute...

You don't have any of the previous leaks?

No none. I haven’t been able to access sites.

But I’ve been posting about these mythical songs for so long I feel like I know what they sound like. Some are new though like Hard School and Perhaps, Dummy? It makes sense these discs exist though. I wonder if like Axl said CD II was finished as a studio version with the remix. And these are like the demo discs. And now Slash etc and re-recording ...

I only have working links right now for Elvis and prom Violence. I'll send em in a sec.

Thanks. I’d like to hear a few. I’m sure they will come out as album someday.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Oklahoma worth the hype. Sounds more "gnr" in spots to me than any other previous thing we have heard. It's just begging for an Axl Rose vocal.

wasted

wasted wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Oklahoma worth the hype. Sounds more "gnr" in spots to me than any other previous thing we have heard. It's just begging for an Axl Rose vocal.

Maybe why it didn’t go on CD. They seemed to work to make The Blues or Catcher sound or fit with the whole Alt metal sound. You can hear the dynamics of GNR but the sound shades it.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

So far the biggest disappointment for me as far as tracks with vocals not being on the album is Atlas.  I love that song.

James

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Man, it's been quite a busy few days.  Hard to keep up.  I didn't miss Disc 2 did I?

No. They're not leaking in order.

Wasted..

I also had quick Song and Zodiac

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah, that's right up there with Elvis as far as the instrumentals go.  Such a shame we only got one album from that era, and not even from the intended lineup.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

I still can't believe this stuff is finally out there, amazing.

Bring on #2!

James

James wrote:

I'll go ahead and say it..

Oklahoma should've been performed at HOB instead of Riad.

Board footer