You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Chinese Democracy's Fate

PaSnow wrote:

^^ As more time passed the more I beleived in that theory. Now, I'm pretty sure for the most part that is true.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Sic, you act like Axl would have had a grand vision when even his people like Tommy Stinson stated that he didn't have. I think your post is pure fantasy based on your Axl-fanatism. I accept it, but don't agree with the most of it.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Good one.

I believe he may have a grand vision in the sense that he has an idea of what he wants the album and the band to be. However, it's a well-known fact he was pretty clueless after Izzy and Slash'd left... for a long time. He started having visions about the concept only after the album began to form. A little by little, he started heading towards the trilogy idea, so I think that's something he picked up along the way.

Furthermore, I don't see it necessary to be an Axlite to say that back in the day, Axl had an idea about what GNR should be, and the others had a differing opinion. Izzy was the first to extricate himself simply because he got tired of the general atmosphere and Axl's views; Slash and Duff weren't exactly yes-men on a lot of things either.

To put it short: CD is Axl's album, and it will be viewed as something that Axl sought so persistently, that he willingly alienated his original band mates. Unless it delivers, he'll be blamed for it more than ever. Unfortunately both the expectations and the production time grown so much out of proportion that Axl himself has had to admit 'it's only an album'.

Board footer